Port Forwarding issues and limits in Archer C80

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Port Forwarding issues and limits in Archer C80

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding issues and limits in Archer C80
2020-11-16 03:45:39

@GeorKhawam 

Hello, sorry for all troubles.

May I confirm what is the region version of your C80? Is it a US version or an EU one?

As for the time synchronizing issue, have you tried to change the WAN DNS server on the C80 as I suggested before? Kindly show us the WAN status page including the WAN IP address and DNS server info. BTW, for security concern, you's better to send this info to our email personally, please check your email box and reply, thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-06-30 18:05:39

@GeorKhawam Same problem here and no sollutions from TP-Link. Custommer Support doesn't even care...

frown

GeorKhawam wrote

@Kevin_Z  Not all apps are compatible with UPNP, for example, the main problem is that i need to use a FTP Server, which needs a high port range to forward for working in passive mode...

This is ONLY ONE of the problems i've found in the Archer C80, other problems found in these 3 weeks using this new router are:

-Device loses time & date when is disconnecting from power or when is a power failure

-Device is unable to obtain date and hour from internet from any NTP server (tested ntp.org ;  time.windows.com ;  time.google.com ) ALL give timeout error

What a mess my first experience with TP-LINK,  Really i want my money back...

Options
2021-07-01 02:59:23

@LeaVer 

Hi, are you running the latest firmware on the Archer C80 already? If not, please update the router firmware first, then check again if you can set a port range on the web GUI for a local server:

Download for Archer C80

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-07-02 13:44:34

@GeorKhawam  In my case the ntp option to obtain the time and hour from a ntp server from internet  NEVER worked...  Practically it's a "fake" feature in my Archer C80

Options
Re:Port Forwarding issues and limits in Archer C80-Solution
2022-01-29 03:26:16 - last edited 2022-01-29 03:26:31

Hello @GeorKhawam @LeaVer and all,

If you want to open a range of ports on the Archer C64 or Archer C80, please check this thread below, where you will find the solution:

How to open a range of ports on Archer C80

I hope this helps. Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
Related Articles