Need info

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Need info

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Need info
Need info
2020-11-10 22:43:23 - last edited 2020-11-12 07:03:09
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am thinking of buying the deco m4 3pack version

I want to know if the nodes connect to the main one via 5ghz or 2.4ghz

As i already have dlink 825 ac router and another cheap router as repater via 2.4ghz

The repeater loses connection from time to time and have to restart

The repeater room gets full signal from dlink one but link speed is 25mbps or 6mbps or even 1mbps

Else everywhere i can get the internet

So should i go for the 3unit? And are they connected via 5ghz to reduce the connection loss between them?

Hope someone can answer :)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Need info-Solution
2020-11-12 07:03:05 - last edited 2020-11-12 07:03:09

@Bhooty 

Hello, thanks for asking.

As a mesh all units will also create a link to each other, then choose the best available path to the base to transmit their data. The Wi-Fi backhaul will build up automatically once the Deco mesh system is successfully up, there is no option we can choose whether to use 5G or 2.4G and the Wi-Fi backhaul will transmit data automatically by choosing a better one. 

You are suggested to check if you need 2 M4 or 3 based on how large of your house, how many floors, and what shape by referring to the official website to get some suggestions:
https://www.tp-link.com/deco-mesh-wifi/#deco-how-it-works

I hope this helps.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Need info-Solution
2020-11-12 07:03:05 - last edited 2020-11-12 07:03:09

@Bhooty 

Hello, thanks for asking.

As a mesh all units will also create a link to each other, then choose the best available path to the base to transmit their data. The Wi-Fi backhaul will build up automatically once the Deco mesh system is successfully up, there is no option we can choose whether to use 5G or 2.4G and the Wi-Fi backhaul will transmit data automatically by choosing a better one. 

You are suggested to check if you need 2 M4 or 3 based on how large of your house, how many floors, and what shape by referring to the official website to get some suggestions:
https://www.tp-link.com/deco-mesh-wifi/#deco-how-it-works

I hope this helps.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Need info
2020-12-06 18:43:13

@TP-Link_Deco I am going to buy m5 as it has more antennas from what i saw

did the app get update for choosing channel for 5ghz as it seems from what i gathered from internet it sits at channel 44 only

will there be an option in future for choosing the channel like to 149

Options
2020-12-07 03:45:55

@Bhooty 

Hi,

The latest firmware 1.5.1 still did not support changing channels manually.

But it adds one feature called Optimization feature which would automatically changes the channels based on the current network condition.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-01-08 17:16:21 - last edited 2021-01-08 17:17:38

I will buy the m5 3peice set on jan15 Or after.

Suppose i connect the first piece to the onu then connect my old router (dlink dir 825 ac) to act as switch so that i can have an Ethernet connection to pc then connect second deco to the now dlink switch via ethernet and connect the third to the second via ethernet Will this setup work?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 503

Replies: 4

Related Articles