Archer C5 v4 Latest Firmware - India

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-15 14:14:43 - last edited 2020-11-16 07:39:50
Model: Archer A5  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 3.16.0 0.9.1 v6015.0 Build 190627 Rel.41124n

Hey there!

I recently got new broadband connection and the router was provided by the ISP. It's TP-Link Archer C5 V4, but I cannot find the same in TP-Link's website for India region. It seems to be available in few other regions though.

After searching a bit, I found new firmware in Bulgarian version of the same router. Also, its first firmware update seems to have solved some issues which I'm currently facing with my router.

I'm confused on what I should do? I'm often facing disconnection in 5 GHz WiFi which is the main reason I've been searching for an updated firmware.

Is it safe to flash the Bulgarian firmware of this router? If not, will you be able to provide me updated firmware for my router?

P. S. I selected model as Archer A5 from the dropdown menu, as Archer C5 wasn't mentioned.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C5 v4 Latest Firmware - India-Solution
2020-11-16 07:39:45 - last edited 2020-11-16 07:39:50

@Zuke 

Hello, thanks for the detailed information.

Archer C5 V4 is a customized version for Service Providers in the local market, which means the firmware of the router is self-designed by your ISP, so you cannot upgrade to the generic version.

Generally, the support for this customized version will be covered by your ISP, and we suggest you contact your ISP first to check if there is any limitation on the firmware.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C5 v4 Latest Firmware - India-Solution
2020-11-16 07:39:45 - last edited 2020-11-16 07:39:50

@Zuke 

Hello, thanks for the detailed information.

Archer C5 V4 is a customized version for Service Providers in the local market, which means the firmware of the router is self-designed by your ISP, so you cannot upgrade to the generic version.

Generally, the support for this customized version will be covered by your ISP, and we suggest you contact your ISP first to check if there is any limitation on the firmware.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer C5 v4 Latest Firmware - India
2021-07-08 20:36:24

@Zuke  you can get the firmware dowmload link from youtube video https://youtu.be/WzRjzCiVfkY

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9688

Replies: 2

Related Articles