Deco M5 no internet access after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-15 17:59:55 - last edited 2020-11-15 18:13:39
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

After a firmware update yesterday I have no internet access with my Deco M5 devices, even though the green status LED is showing.

After reboot of the modem and the main deco a device reset also did not solve the issue. I have verified I can reach the internet via another gateway IP so I can confirm the ISP is good.

Even setting up the new deco network was not effective.

From here if seems the Firmware update killed my decos. Has anyone seen this issue before? I can still connect to my Deco app but no internet facing services are working .

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M5 no internet access after firmware update
2020-11-16 01:56:53

@Canemane 

Good day,

May I know the hardware version about your M5 and could you please tell me the MAC address of the main router

And who is your internet service provider? Did you use  dynamic IP connection type?

Could you please provide me more details about the configuration, such as on which step during the setup that you could not pass through(a  picture maybe?)? What about the LED lights at that moment?

Have you tried to swap a different Deco working as the main Deco?

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-11-16 07:12:57

@TP-Link_Deco 

I have also an issue after upgrade to firmware version 1.5.1, my other deco M5 cannot connect to the Main deco, I follow all the instructions as stated in the Deco App, please see attached image

Options
2021-02-01 13:07:10

@Canemane I also have a lot of problems with my internet connection after the firmware upgrade. I sometimes completely kills my internet connections both wireless and my cable connections. As soon as I unplug the deco from my network everything is restored.

Options
2021-02-02 03:41:13

@Jvdberg 

Hi

Did you also have Deco M5?

Which firmware have you updated, the firmware 1.5.1?

Could you please provide a detailed picture of the network structure?

And who is the internet service provider and how about the model number of your internet gateway?

Since you mentioned that ‘sometimes completely kills my internet connections both wireless and my cable connections’, could you please provide more details about this issue, like would Deco turn red?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1470

Replies: 4

Related Articles