Problems with Deco X60 (high latency and time setup)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-17 13:45:02 - last edited 2020-12-02 09:37:45
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: X60(2.0) 1.0.5 Build 20201013 Rel. 64247

The first problem that I can't set up correct time in my device.

Advanced > System > Time Settings I can see only Continent, Region and current time which is incorrect. I can't setup it by myself of use NTP server. Right now it show me 

Current Time: 2020-10-13 1-17-01 PM.

The second problem is much more serious. I have a very big latency with wireless clients.

Device is in AP mode (Router mode is also tested)

Fast roaming and Beamforming options are also not fixed my problem.

Clients connected directly to provider router or in LAN port of Deco is OK.

ping thru LAN port of Deco.

rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 34.133/59.569/80.845/11.730 ms

ping thru WLAN (866Mbit/s 5Ghz near AP point)

rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 69.661/157.221/283.379/49.956 ms

Dfference between average ping by lan and by wlan almost 100ms! and it much more in maximum ping. It's almost 200ms!

I have no another wlans at my house. and a very few wlan clients.

Its terrible latency for me! I bought Deco because read this "Ultra-Low Latency: Greater reduction in latency enables more responsive gaming and video chatting." in advertising.

It seems that I made a big mistake!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Problems with Deco X60 (high latency and time setup)-Solution
2020-12-02 09:37:36 - last edited 2020-12-02 09:37:45

Hi All,

@Step_An As for your case, we would like to follow up on your case by email later.

And If anyone had the same issue, please feel free to send an email to support@tp-link.com with subject# [forum ID 237284] Deco X60  high latency and time setup with the following answers;

1. Please turn off the fast roaming on the Deco APP and disable the Mesh technology on the device itself;

2. How are the Decos connected to each other, wirelessly or wired connection?

3. How much internet bandwidth you are supposed to get?

4. if only one device connected to the main Deco, would the issue still exist?

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Problems with Deco X60 (high latency and time setup)
2020-11-19 09:12:35 - last edited 2020-12-02 09:26:32

@Step_An 

Good day,

Thank you for your time and patience.

As for the time settings, have you tried to switch to a different time zone, then switch back to the correct one?

And you could also try to change the time settings on the web interface:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2641/

As for the high latency, when it occurred, would there be any obvious disconnection or slow speed on the wireless clients?

How are the X60s connected to each other, wireless, or Ethernet connection?

How many wireless devices connected to the Deco system and would all of them have the same issue?

Did it happen to the wireless clients all the time, or randomly?

Please try to turn off the fast roaming on the Deco APP and turn off the Mesh technology on the Device itself;

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-11-22 12:28:15 - last edited 2020-11-22 12:30:08

Yes I tried to switch to different zone and back to correct one. No effects.

Yes I tried to do it in web interface because DECO app don't have any time settings function.

Absolutely unusefull application and web interface. I have a lot of another routers before but this one is something terrible.

About high latency.

All X60s connected by 1Gb Ethernet. At the same time connected less than 10 devices. I don't checked all right now. But laptop with wireless card RTL8822CE have this issue. High latency all the time even only one device is connected.

I will check another devices shortly.

Options
2020-11-27 21:56:15

@Step_An 

Step_An wrote

Yes I tried to switch to different zone and back to correct one. No effects.

Yes I tried to do it in web interface because DECO app don't have any time settings function.

Absolutely unusefull application and web interface. I have a lot of another routers before but this one is something terrible.

About high latency.

All X60s connected by 1Gb Ethernet. At the same time connected less than 10 devices. I don't checked all right now. But laptop with wireless card RTL8822CE have this issue. High latency all the time even only one device is connected.

I will check another devices shortly.

I have the exact same configuration and also have extremely high latency. This must be some kind of software issue right? 

Options
2020-11-30 20:06:28

@NilsB Estou com o mesmo problema, alta latencia no wifi, ja tentando de tudo e nada, coloco um DECO M5 e fuciona perfeitamente!

Podem verificar por favor, para corrigir essa latencia no wifi no proximo firmware?

Options
2020-11-30 20:07:37

@NilsB Tambem ja tentei fazer o teste com apenas 1 DECO X60 na rede com apenas 1 celular conectado e a latencia ainda é alta!

Options
Re:Problems with Deco X60 (high latency and time setup)-Solution
2020-12-02 09:37:36 - last edited 2020-12-02 09:37:45

Hi All,

@Step_An As for your case, we would like to follow up on your case by email later.

And If anyone had the same issue, please feel free to send an email to support@tp-link.com with subject# [forum ID 237284] Deco X60  high latency and time setup with the following answers;

1. Please turn off the fast roaming on the Deco APP and disable the Mesh technology on the device itself;

2. How are the Decos connected to each other, wirelessly or wired connection?

3. How much internet bandwidth you are supposed to get?

4. if only one device connected to the main Deco, would the issue still exist?

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-10-01 14:51:42

@Step_An I appear to be having a very similar issue.  Did you find a resolution?

I also have a 1gb connection and have no issues with latency when connected with a laptop via ethernet.  The main deco x60 unit connected to my xfinity modem/router via ethernet never reaches speeds above 10mbps!  Usually hovers under 1mbps or less.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2866

Replies: 7

Related Articles