Powerlines not working in just 1 room

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-19 20:07:28
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Ok first of all I have multiple AV500 / 2 x AV600 / 1 x Archer AX50

I have had AV500's working for a few years in all rooms in my house.  Recently the powerlines in my youngest son's room stopped working (AV500) followed by the AV600 in my bedroom.  I tried switching to new ethernet cables, new powerlines/extender, resetting, reconnecting and multiple different sockets.  I have got the one in my bedroom re-connected (all tests done in my sons room).  I can pair 2 devices downstairs but as soon as I plug it in, in my son's room the connection to the downstairs powerline (2nd light down from top) blinks.  The connection speed is anywhere between 300kbps - 600kbps (not a typo).  I have tried 4 different mains sockets and an extension lead all in my son's room.  I have an AV600 plugged in and fully connected to my hall socket which is, max, 5 meters away.

The only issue I can't rule out without a sparky coming is the sockets in his room but bare in mind this is 2 double sockets and a single socket on different walls, none work.

Halppp please :)

Wendy

Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerlines not working in just 1 room
2020-11-20 08:53:53

@MUMMA_LAMA 

Good day.

Could you please help me confirm the following information:

1. As for the AV500 / 2 x AV600 / 1 x Archer AX50, Is it TL-PA4010 for AV500, TL-WPA4220 for AV600
  2. No matter which AV adapter is plugged into his room, there would be no internet completely, or extremely slow internet? Would the powerline light keep blinking or just off?
  3. How long have you had the AV adapters?
  4. Could you please try to download the powerline utility to check how many adapters always online:

https://static.tp-link.com/2018/201809/20180904/PowerLineUtility_Win_180816.zip

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Powerlines not working in just 1 room
2020-11-20 13:01:14

@TP-Link 1. Yes correct

2. Sometime no connection  sometimes extremely slow. Light blinks on and off.

3 some brand new some 2 yrs.

I need to be at home for last Q, however on looking at app yesterday one with wifi was dropping out that's the 4220 other 3  4010 (I've plugged another in since my post) they were showing online.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1568

Replies: 2

Related Articles