QoS for WhatsApp Calls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

QoS for WhatsApp Calls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
QoS for WhatsApp Calls
QoS for WhatsApp Calls
2020-11-20 16:04:55
Model: Archer MR400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.9.00.9.1

Hi,

I have encountered some problems with periodic dropouts during WhatsApp calls when using the MR400. This is despite getting a 30+Mbps connection versus the 3Mbits I get with my ADSL connection which doesn't have this issue with similar latency.

I wanted to use QoS to prioritise packets for WhatsApp to see if that improves the stability, but is not available as an option to add by application.  Any idea how I can add it (I don't want to prioritise all traffic from the device).

Thanks

Martin

Options
9 Reply
Re:QoS for WhatsApp Calls
2020-11-27 11:00:13

@SpottyDog 

Hi, there should be an option to allow by Application for the QoS, can you check again?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2488/

While back to the issue you reported, when the WhatsApp calls drops, is the phone still connecting to the wireless network fine with good signal? How about other activities such as streaming videos or browsing?

Options
2020-11-27 12:33:33

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the response.

There is an option to set QoS by Application, but the applications listed are  is standard IP apps such as telnet, TCP, VPN.  Elsewhere I have seen a screen shot of this page including applications such as WhatsApp but I wasn't clear how to add it.

As far as I can tell, the phone stays connected to the internet throughout the call but intermittently drops and reconnects (the far end hears beeps when this happens). Oddly, this seems to be specific to WhatsApp, other conferencing applications such as Zoom and Teams don't suffer this problem, so I suspect it isn't a simple QoS issue.

Thanks

Martin

Options
2021-03-24 06:57:42 - last edited 2021-03-24 06:59:15

@SpottyDog 

Hi, if you are encountering this issue only with WhatsApp then you can also use this GBWhatsApp Apk to ensure that if you have the same issue with this app too, but use this app with another seperate number because it is a modified version of WhatsApp and if you use this app with the same number your official one will be banned.

App info you can get here: https://gbapps.net/gbwhatsapp-apk/

Options
2021-05-14 07:37:48

@SpottyDog 

i think it won't be network problem you should use another version eg: YowhatApp . I have been using it for quite some time and I have never encountered any errors.

Options
2021-05-27 15:08:33

xavier221 wrote

@SpottyDog 

Hi, if you are encountering this issue only with WhatsApp then you can also use this GBWhatsApp Apk to ensure that if you have the same issue with this app too, but use this app with another seperate number because it is a modified version of WhatsApp and if you use this app with the same number your official one will be banned.

App info you can get here: https://gbapps.net/gbwhatsapp-apk/

@xavier221 

Hello there I am very thankful to you because which info you have shared here it is very use and helpful to me because help of this info I am able to fix my issue.

Options
2021-06-07 02:38:40 - last edited 2021-06-07 02:41:59

I think you should use other support versions like FmWhatsApp . I am using it and have not had problems like that I think it is very safe

Options
2021-07-06 07:42:14

Thank you for sharing

Options
2022-01-08 06:06:04

@SpottyDog 

Thank you for sharing you can safely download AloWhatsApp completely free here link
Options
2022-02-05 08:18:26

@RonPowell 

Brother i am recommend use GB WhatsApp for Laptop or Pc you can download from here Offical  web

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2432

Replies: 9