MR600 disconnecting from WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-22 17:37:12
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 200511 Rel.44954n

Hi,

I have a MR600 that has been working perfectly for over a year using internet over WAN from my cable modem but it dropped connection suddenly (without any changes to either device) and now won't reconnect. I have dropped and added WAN interfaces in advanced mode using dynamic and static IPs but it will physically connect and get an IP address but won't route traffic. I can use the same port on my router with a laptop and DHCP and it is all fine. Any ideas?

Thanks

Gareth

Options
3 Reply
Re:MR600 disconnecting from WAN
2020-11-27 08:00:33

@Gareth.Price 

Hello, may I know who is your ISP for providing the cable connection? Do you have internet access when connecting a computer to the cable modem directly?

When the cable modem is plugged in the LAN/WAN port, is the internet LED on? Try with a different cat5e or cat6 cable.

Try to reset the router to factory defaults by pressing and holding the reset button until the Power LED starts flashing, then confirm again.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-12-09 16:20:26

Hi @Kevin_Z thanks for your response

I was holding off on the nuclear option of the factory reset as I wanted to find out what was causing the problem. I am in France and using SFR as my ISP. The port on my ISPs router was fine with a laptop and even for a Ginet travel router.

I tried a new cable and got the same results then I ran factory reset and the admin changed slightly, the LTE section in Basic has more details in it (even thought there was no SIM card in there), I wonder if something was corrupt with my last firmware update.

I had to factory reset again though for it to pick up the inteface and now the router has been working fine for several days now so I think it is all good.

Options
2020-12-10 01:35:42

@Gareth.Price 

Thank you very much for the update, it's glad to know it works good now.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 439

Replies: 3

Related Articles