MR600 - Optimization tips, lack of 4G+ and concerns about lower than usual speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

MR600 - Optimization tips, lack of 4G+ and concerns about lower than usual speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-23 11:57:53
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 200511 Rel.44954n

Had the TP-Link MR600 for a few months now and there's been a few issues bugging me.

I used to get between 80-100mbps quite consistently but since last month i've not been able to get above 50.  My upload speeds have tanked from average 50 to about 9. Average ping has gone from about 20 to 40, Now, these are still great speeds and Im not looking a gift horse in the mouth, BUT, I do pay £50 a month and i was getting some nice speeds before.

I cant help wonder if theres a technical issue causing this or a setting in the router I can tweak to get my old speeds back.

There was an incident a few weeks ago where i got chucked onto 3G speeds for about a day and oddly enough, my 4G+ icon was on, which it usually isnt.  Despite the 4G+ light being on, i was getting very poor speeds which i reported to EE.  They fixed this and boosted back up to 4G however at much lower speeds than my first few months. Should I be getting 4G+?  Or is that determined by the nearby mast?

I've also read on here about the Band.  I'm currently on Band 3 but is there a way to change this or again, is this determined by the mast?  Doesnt look like i can change it in setting anyways.

To summarise:

1. Should I be concerned about not getting the 4G+ to work?
  2. Are there any settings in the MR600 that i can tweak to get better speeds/ping?
  3. Is it worth turning off NAT Boost and trying QoS to improve gaming ping etc?
  4. Is it worth contacting my provider to try and get better speeds as there is certainly something going on with their service or the mast.
Options
3 Reply
Re:MR600 - Optimization tips, lack of 4G+ and concerns about lower than usual speeds
2020-11-27 07:39:24

@beardofturtles 

Hello, you may try to upgrade to the below beta firmware, which will allow you to choose the band manually, then you can monitor again if there is any improvement on the speed:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202004/20200420/Archer_MR600v1_1.1.0_0.9.1_[200417-rel75138]_up_boot_2020-04-20_08.44.31.zip

Options
Re:MR600 - Optimization tips, lack of 4G+ and concerns about lower than usual speeds
2020-11-30 12:53:04

@Kevin_Z  Thanks mate, will have a look into this.  I suspect my local mast only supports Band 3 so not sure being able to change it will help me now.

Options
2020-12-01 03:26:05

@beardofturtles 

Hi, thanks for getting back. While if your local mast only supports Band 3, I'm afraid there is no much help with this beta firmware, as it only allows you to choose the band manually, but may not help with the speed directly.

It is also suggested confirming this with your local mast to see if they could help with anything as per the speed issue you encountered.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1761

Replies: 3

Related Articles