Two powerline networks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Two powerline networks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Two powerline networks
Two powerline networks
2020-11-26 09:56:42 - last edited 2020-11-27 03:30:45

Hi

Does any one know if it is possible to set up two powerline networks from one internet router.

I have powerline adapters on my downstairs ringmain that work fine, but the adapters I have placed in the loft conversion are not that stable due to them being on another ring, both rings are connected to the same consumer unit.

What I tried to do but without any luck was set up the loft adapters separate from the downstairs ones.

I had one Ethernet cable from the router going to the downstairs adapters and the other Ethernet cable going to the adapters in the loft but that stopped all the adapters from working.

I am hoping someone has an idea or maybe has a solution for my problem of poor stability in the loft conversion.

Hope that makes sense.

Bill

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Two powerline networks-Solution
2020-11-27 03:30:00 - last edited 2020-11-27 03:30:45

@BillyMac 

Good day,

Thank you for your patience.

It Is ok to set up the two powerline networks from one router;

But since the default powerline network name is Homeplug AV for all the adapters, it would be much better to give the two powerlines the different name;

Such as https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1616/

Thanks!

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Two powerline networks-Solution
2020-11-27 03:30:00 - last edited 2020-11-27 03:30:45

@BillyMac 

Good day,

Thank you for your patience.

It Is ok to set up the two powerline networks from one router;

But since the default powerline network name is Homeplug AV for all the adapters, it would be much better to give the two powerlines the different name;

Such as https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1616/

Thanks!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Two powerline networks
2020-11-27 09:19:12
ok thanks will give that a go
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 489

Replies: 2