Feature Request: Need seperate stats for LAN traffic and WAN traffic

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-27 18:55:55
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200714 rel.18254(5553)

Current Behaviour: The "Traffic monitor" displays stats for all devices, its useful when devices connected to the router are only clients (desktop/laptop/mobile).

Problem Scenario: When a NAS or any other server is on the network, local traffic (LAN only) increases, there is no way to anazlyze or visualize this information.

Feature/Solution:
Need options in "Traffic Monitor" to display following,

1. LAN-to-LAN traffic (or local traffic)
  2. LAN-to-WAN or WAN-to-LAN traffic (or internet traffic)
  3. Aggregate Traffic

More Examples: Getting stats for following scenarios is not possible with the current "Traffic Monitor" design.

1. When streaming a movie from my local NAS (Network Attached Storage), it doesnt use internet (or doesnt use data from WAN)
  2. When streaming a movie from internet, it downloads data from internet via WAN.
  3. When Casting my laptop screen, its local and within the LAN network, doesnt go through the WAN.
  4. Checking my internet usage (WAN), and not the Local network usage.

Thanks in advance,

- Karthik

Options
1 Reply
Re:Feature Request: Need seperate stats for LAN traffic and WAN traffic
2020-12-01 10:09:50

@kj8450 

Hi Karthik, thank you very much for your valued suggestions.

This feature request is noted, and we will submit a record in our system, the developers will take a look if we can re-design the feature in the foreseeable future.

Options