Recurring Issue with TL-WPA8630P Kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-28 16:29:37
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 20171018 Rel.36564

Hey guys,

Due to the coronavirus pandemic and the need to start working from home, last October I bought a TL-WPA8630P Kit in order to increase internet coverage on my house, and I have to say that I'm disappointed with the overall performance of this product. 

The installation was very easy and straightforward. For the beginning I was only using WiFi and it worked like a charm. But I needed to have a more stable & fast internet connection, so I plugged a ethernet cable to it. This was when the problems started. The LAN connection works relatively fine, but the WiFi stops working on a daily basis.

I've tried several things I've found on the internet (Ping my router on windows login, change outlets, checked if I had the last firmware, ...) and the only thing that works for short period of time is unplug and plug back the adapter. To me this doesn't sound like a solution for a 100€+ product, so I'm really considering returning it.  But first I decided to expose my situation here, to see if you guys can help me.

Thanks for the help.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Recurring Issue with TL-WPA8630P Kit
2020-12-05 15:06:00

One week since I posted here and still no reply. Support is working as good as the kit...

The issue keeps on happening so maybe the real solution is to exchange this product for a Devolo one.

Options
2020-12-18 06:00:23 - last edited 2020-12-18 06:00:59

@ramirex15 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

Do you still keep the power-line adapters?

If yes, we would like to check the following details before escalating your case to the senior engineers

1. Only wireless connection had the issue and Ethernet connection is pretty stable, right

2. Did both 2.4ghz and 5ghz have the same issue?

---please try  to change the wireless channel to see if that helped, channel 11 for 2.4ghz, channel 48 for 5ghz;

Connect to the powerline extender wirelessly. Visit http://tplinkplc.net, and log in with the username and password you set for the extender.

Go to Wireless > Settings page.

3. When the Wi-Fi stopped working, are you still connected to the Wi-Fi but no internet service or the Wi-Fi has been disconnected already?

4. Have you tried to reset the adapter to the factory default by holding the pair button for 10s?

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Options
2020-12-18 10:45:49

@TP-Link 

Good morning,

1. That's correct.

2. My router only provides 2.4GHz, so the other option doesn't apply. I've already done that and the issue still occurs.

3. The computer/phone stays connected to the network but it informs that there's no internet.

4. I've tried it and it still happens.

Thanks.

Options
2020-12-24 08:31:35

@ramirex15 

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

We would like to follow up on your case by email and please check your email box later.

Thanks a lot!

Options