WiFi clone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WiFi clone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WiFi clone
WiFi clone
2020-11-29 09:50:04
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi.

Apologies if this is a stupid question or I get the terminology incorrect.

I've just purchase a Tp-link powerline adapter and WiFi extender.

the 2 adapters I have got are TL-WPA4220 and TL-PA4010

i've managed to pair them up ok, then in the instructions it talked about cloning my current wifi settings/network, which a followed the instructions.

anyway my question is, when I go in to my wifi settings to view available networks I see a new network appear when I was on,y expecting to see my current wifi network. The new one looks like TP-link followed by a number. I'm presuming this is the new wifi network I can link to. However, what does the cloning do then. I was expecting (I think) to just see my current wifi and not this new name as well, or have I done the cloning incorrectly.

I was going to purchase some more of the TL-WPA4220,  but was concerned I would have a load of new wifi networks available, and not sure which I should or shouldn't connect to.

I hope that all makes sense.

thanks

Clive

Options
1 Reply
Re:WiFi clone
2020-12-24 10:23:54

@Mr-P 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sometimes, Due to the different design of the WPS, Wi-Fi cloning via Wi-Fi clone would not succeed all the time;

If possible, please try to change the wireless settings via powerline utility, such as:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1611/

the download link of the utility:

tpPLC_Utility_Windows

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202011/20201127/tpPLC%20Utility.zip

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 597

Replies: 1

Related Articles