[Archer C5] NO-IP Dynamic DNS uses external IPv4 instead of the real IP of the router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[Archer C5] NO-IP Dynamic DNS uses external IPv4 instead of the real IP of the router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-03 10:35:21 - last edited 2020-12-07 08:49:05
Model: Archer A5  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 3.16.0 0.9.1 v600c.0

I have tried all available firmware versions on my Archer C5, but this problem is in all of them: my dynamic address is updated with the wrong IP.

My ISP does not show my real IP to the public. Since the router sends that one to NO-IP, it is not possible to access my router remotely.

I think the current way of sending the IP address to NO-IP is just wrong. The real/private IP address of the router is available on the status page, so why can't we send that one? Instead of this, the router logs in to NO-IP, and updates with the inaccessible/public IP address...

Is there a workaround?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:[Archer C5] NO-IP Dynamic DNS uses external IPv4 instead of the real IP of the router-Solution
2020-12-03 14:01:24 - last edited 2020-12-07 08:49:05
Update: I asked my ISP to remove my connection from their NAT list. They did it, so the problem is solved this way. But I still think there should be a solution in the router settings to use the private IP at the Dynamic DNS providers.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:[Archer C5] NO-IP Dynamic DNS uses external IPv4 instead of the real IP of the router-Solution
2020-12-03 14:01:24 - last edited 2020-12-07 08:49:05
Update: I asked my ISP to remove my connection from their NAT list. They did it, so the problem is solved this way. But I still think there should be a solution in the router settings to use the private IP at the Dynamic DNS providers.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 499

Replies: 1

Related Articles