TL-PA411 KIT v2 firmware update fails (**MODEL is TL-PA411 but not in the list of models**)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-PA411 KIT v2 firmware update fails (**MODEL is TL-PA411 but not in the list of models**)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-03 11:00:51
Model: TL-PA4010  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.0.337-01-20120309-FINAL

I realise these devices are a little long in the tooth but I have three and by and large they still work fine.

However I can see that they are all using the factory firmware version and there is one update available (Published Date: 2013-08-21).

I am using the very latest tpPLC utility (on Windows 10) and have just done a successful firmware upgrade on a TL-PA4010P device on the same network (albeit directly connected via Ethernet cable).

When I try to repeat the task on the PA411 devices the update fails - no other specific error is displayed.  Retried a couple of times on one device, and again on a second device, with the same results. Obviously the PA411 units don't have an Ethernet port so I guess this update is performed over the power cable network.

I had to manually add the PA411 devices back into tpPLC after the failed update, but all still working after that.

1. Is there a way to successfully perform the firmware update on these PA411 devices?

2. Is the firmware update worth having?

Thanks in advance

:-)

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-PA411 KIT v2 firmware update fails (**MODEL is TL-PA411 but not in the list of models**)
2020-12-18 06:18:40

@techie-nerdo 

Good day,

Sorry for the long delay.

May I know the region code of the TL-PA411 kit, EU version or something else?

How many PA411s do you have? And currently, only one of them updated the firmware successfully, right?

Since the TL-PA411 has no web interface, we could only update the firmware via powerline utility.

And normally since the model is a little bit old, it is not recommended to update the firmware if everything is fine.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 850

Replies: 1