Deco M5 and Sky Q major problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-03 20:07:27 - last edited 2023-10-20 11:34:11
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Recently installed some M5's in a family members house to improve there WiFi.

All went fine and a massive improvement in WiFi apart from with there sky q box.

Used M5s several times before without any issues but 

1: when putting the M5's in access point mode the sky q box does not connect properly. Go.though the process of connecting the sky q but none of the online functions ever work. Sky q hub is the router. All other decided connected to the deco work fine.

2: when deco in router mode sky q connects and works fine for a few minutes then totally locks the box up. Only pulling the power fixes it

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M5 and Sky Q major problems-Solution
2020-12-14 07:59:05 - last edited 2023-10-20 11:34:04

Update: 

Please refer to this link to connect the Sky Q box to Deco:

Sky Q Box Connection Guide with Deco

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 and Sky Q major problems-Solution
2020-12-14 07:59:05 - last edited 2023-10-20 11:34:04

Update: 

Please refer to this link to connect the Sky Q box to Deco:

Sky Q Box Connection Guide with Deco

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco M5 and Sky Q major problems
2021-01-27 08:23:04

@TP-Link 

Have recently got Deco M5 & a week later Sky Q. I can connect to Deco via Wifi but the Sky Q freezes after around 10 to 30 mins & you are unable to use remote in anyway, only solution is to unplug & start again.

I have resorted to using house Plusnet wifi & Sky Q now works fine but this was not why I purchased the Deco system, to then have to totally ignore it to use my devices. 

Sky Q linked to Deco via Wifi as via ethernet not really an option due to location of Deco discs.

Does anyone know how I can link Sky Q to my Deco M5 without former freezing entirely? 

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3638

Replies: 2