Powerline indicator lights

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-07 09:37:33
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi, I'm relatively new to the world of Powerline range extenders and my experience to date has been that they work without any issue. But yesterday I noticed that the Powerline indicator light was going off for approx 5 to 10 seconds every now and then and then occasionally all 3 lights on the adaptor were going off for a few seconds and then coming back on.

Haven't seen this behaviour before and wondered what was going on, any help gratefully received.

Many thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline indicator lights
2020-12-08 10:09:06

@roddydog 

Hi,

May I know the model number of your powerline adapters?

Are you able to record a short video clip about the abnormal LED lights?

When the LED kept blinking, did it affect the normal network performance of the powerline communication?

Thank you very much!

Options
Re:Powerline indicator lights
2020-12-08 14:53:39

@roddydog 

Thanks for your response.

1. The kit that I have is a "TP-Link TL-PA4010 Kit AV600 Powerline Adapter Starter Kit"

2. Sorry but video if issue is not possible, after posting yesterday I decided to reset the adapters to their factory settings and re-pair them. Since then the lights on the adapters are behaving normally!

3. I am not aware of any interuption to the internet signal. We use the adapters to supply internet to our Smart TV and I was streaming TV over the internet when the lights were going on and off but didn't notice any effect on the TV. However, I guess that if the drop in internet was very short in duration,the buffer in the Smart TV would have held sufficient information to ride out a second or two of lost signal - just a guess on my part but seems logical to me.

Best regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 613

Replies: 2

Related Articles