Range Extender loses internet availability randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-08 09:20:55 - last edited 2020-12-08 10:02:24
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20200715 Rel. 38287

Hi, I have the RE connected to the router via wifi, and from the RE I have a ethernet cable connected to my desktop.

The problem is, every once in a while, the RE network gives the "Internet not available" warning, while all its blue lights are on and the main wifi (Telecom network, with a Telecom modem-router). This affects both wired and wireless connection to the RE.

The RE regains access to the internet by itself after a while, but I really can't stay like this.

I've had the modem for almost a month now, but this problem started to appear n the last couple weeks I think.

I've already tried taking a look at this thread, but I can't seem to follow the procedure (the UI that shows is a bit different, for examle I can't see DHCP server section it the settings, and what appears in cmd in italian has slightly different names).

The log was downloaded when the problem occurred again

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

File:
syslog-2020-12-08.logDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:Range Extender loses internet availability randomly
2020-12-17 06:21:18

@Ranuser 

Good day,

Have you updated the firmware to be the following one:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202006/20200622/re305v3_eu-up-ver1-1-2-P1[20200416-rel57708].zip

if the issue is still here, we would like to forward your case to the senior engineers.

At the same time, please help us check the following information:

1.What is the model number of the Telecom modem-router?

2. What is the IP address and default gateway on the laptop when it said ’internet not available’?

---are you able to ping the gateway when it lost the internet service?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 494

Replies: 1

Related Articles