IP address in the panel is different from that in MyIP and DDNS turn off.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-09 10:06:21 - last edited 2020-12-09 14:01:03
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 200511 Rel.44954n

If I go to the Advanced/Status I see an IP starting with 10.x.y.z and this is different from what I see with myip.com
If I activate DDNS with TP-Link, instead I see another one that coincides with that of myip.
I use an Iliad SIM, in Italy.

Also if I turn off the router, when I turn it back on (or when I log in again) I don't see DDNS activated in the panel. I still need to do a login into TP-Link Cloud.
This is a problem because this is not always possible and external equipment must always be reachable from the Internet.

==== Update ====
I just enabled Ping remotely and now PING works on the address I see on the panel (10.x.y.z.) and the one associated with DDNS does not work.

==== Update 2 ====
Sorry, but I only find out now that my ISP gives me a private IP and therefore the public IP does not match this.
I don't know if the problem can be solved.

Options
1 Reply
Re:IP address in the panel is different from that in MyIP and DDNS turn off.
2020-12-10 02:21:07

@WhiteTiger 

If your router WAN IP address is different from that of your public IP address, that means you have an intermediate device (ISP modem/router) before your router. As far as I know that most of the SIM card carriers are providing a private IP address to the customers, you may check this with them.

As for the DDNS deactivate issue, can you confirm if you are using the TP-Link DDNS? How did you notice the DDNS is deactivated? Can I have a screenshot of it?

BTW, how did you access the web console of the MR600, via TP-Link account or local login? Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 526

Replies: 1

Related Articles