Votes

Implementing an ON/OFF switch for disabling OneMesh feature in Archer C6/A6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-09 17:38:20 - last edited 2022-10-28 09:10:36
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: EU

A lot of users would like to have the ability to disable OneMesh feature, thus stop broadcasting hidden networks that are visible even if the device is in AP mode (OneMesh not supported).

This inability increases unnecessary wireless emissions, even when OneMesh is not used/configured by the user.

If implementing an ON/OFF switch is too much of an effort, the customer should be allowed at least to revert back to a previous FW release until the new one is ready.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Implementing a switch button for disabling OneMesh feature-Solution
2021-08-09 11:56:33 - last edited 2021-08-09 11:56:38

@narrml 

Hi, you can also refer to the thread below to get the latest official or beta firmware for disabling the Onemesh feature on the Archer C6/A6:

[Solution] Disable Onemesh Hidden network

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Implementing a switch button for disabling OneMesh feature
2020-12-15 06:07:23

@Ivaylo 

Thanks. This feature will be added on the next firmware for the Archer C6, which won't be long. BTW, this has been available for the Archer A7 already.

Options
2021-05-28 04:54:28

@terziyski  Hi -- it's end of  May, and no upgrade firmware has shown up.

Getting rid of the hidden channel is quite important here.

The beta firmware referenced elsewhere does not work on my v2 A6 -- reports 'wrong format'.   Maybe because it has 'eur' in the name, maybe indicating a different router?

In any case, can this firmware that stops the problem be released now?

Thanks...

Options
2021-05-29 02:18:37 - last edited 2022-08-21 22:19:08

@narrml

A stable FW release (with OneMesh button added) has been released for the US/EU region - refer to the Kevin's original post.

It's available on the official TP-Link FW download page as well.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-05-29 08:01:01 - last edited 2021-05-29 08:04:17

@terziyski  Thanks very kindly!

The Beta firmware (v2US) is installed, and works very well

- once I turned Mesh off, no more no-name beacon, which may have been troubling others around here

- 152 Mbps on my iPad Air 4, the fastest kit I have for the receiving end -- and that through a VPN (Mullvad WireGuard)

I have to say, after 'some  others', this Tp-Link A6  has been just the nicest in all regards. It feels and performs as very well designed.

Thank you, and especially so, for coming right back,

Clive

Options
Re:Implementing a switch button for disabling OneMesh feature-Solution
2021-08-09 11:56:33 - last edited 2021-08-09 11:56:38

@narrml 

Hi, you can also refer to the thread below to get the latest official or beta firmware for disabling the Onemesh feature on the Archer C6/A6:

[Solution] Disable Onemesh Hidden network

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-02-24 22:01:43

Hi Im looking to disable the mesh on a VR400 router.  Is there a firmware build planned for this model to disable it? 

I just loaded the most recent which is from 2020 "Archer VR400(EU)_V3_201109"

I feel its important that Wifi OFF is actually OFF and that when off there are zero RF transmissions from the device.

Regards,

Kent.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 3909

Replies: 6

Voters 3