Requirements for One Mesh and TL-WPA8631P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-13 07:56:17

I have moved to a 400 year old house that has very thick walls so struggle with using just wifi to create a mesh network. I'm using Zen internet in the uk who provide a fairly descent Frtiz! router. The router has picked up the fact that I'm using an older TL-WPA8630P Powerline extender and shows the speed the poweline is running at, whats attached etc. 

So Questions.

1. The Fritz router supports Mesh wifi, would this be compatible with the new TL-WPA8631P mesh network?

2. If not, do I need to use a TP-Link router to use the same mesh network or could I just add another 2 TL-WPA8631P wifi units? 

3. Reading previous threads, it looks like you intend to add mesh functionality to the older TL-WPA8630P I have via a bios update. Any news on this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Requirements for One Mesh and TL-WPA8631P
2020-12-18 02:44:21

@EatMoreCarrots 

Good day,

Please refer to the following information:

1. The Fritz mesh Wi-Fi is not compatible with TL-WPA8630p Mesh;

2. You might need to have a TP-Link OneMesh router to work with OneMesh powerline adapter;

3. Sorry that there is still no updated news about when the OneMesh would be available on the TL-WPA8630P.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1371

Replies: 1