Deco S4 - Solid Red light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-15 20:31:11
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

HI,

I've just installed the Units for someone and after the Firmware update one of the Unit lost connection.

I tried resetting it but its always Red light.

I think it might be bricked and I tried following the instructions to connect  it to PC and then upload the firmware manually but I cannot get it to flash yellow.

when connected to PC, no light comes on the unit itself after the power LED goes off.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco S4 - Solid Red light
2020-12-16 08:47:07

@StarLordGroot 

Hi,

When you reset the Deco  S4, would you notice the solid red become flashing yellow, or any LED change?

If possible, please also try to do firmware recovery based on the following link:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2958/

Deco S4 used HTTP Uboot Method as well.

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-12-16 19:11:07

@TP-Link 

TP-Link wrote

@StarLordGroot 

Hi,

When you reset the Deco  S4, would you notice the solid red become flashing yellow, or any LED change?

If possible, please also try to do firmware recovery based on the following link:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2958/

Deco S4 used HTTP Uboot Method as well.

Thank you very much.

No LED change after reset, solid red. tried multiple times

I've returned the whole set and ordered replacement which arrived today, so set that up and sent the broken one back.

all working now.

Options
2021-04-05 03:29:40

@StarLordGroot I have the exact same issue. lost connection while testing two of my three nodes and now I get red light even after doing full reset hooked up to the PC. 

Options
2021-04-06 03:46:35

@AK1111 

Hi, When you reset the Deco, was there any change on the LED lights, or it was red all the time?

And have you tried the firmware recovery here on this link:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2958/

Thank you.

Options
2022-03-01 17:12:01

@TP-Link my S4 is the same, tried the uboot firmware reinstall, lights went yellow while firmware being installed, firmware installed successfully, unplugged it and it went red after the initial yellow again. Tried again all good. Reboot the deco red again. Not working

Options
2022-03-02 08:46:19

@Jacko4468 

Welcome to the community.

It is more likely the Deco might be broken. May I know how long have you had the Deco and when did this issue start?

Was there any firmware upgrade or power outage before you noticed the Deco was broken?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3355

Replies: 6

Related Articles