Archer C20 AC750 Firmware issue - urgent.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C20 AC750 Firmware issue - urgent.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Archer C20 AC750 Firmware issue - urgent.
2020-12-19 18:15:47

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin 

I noticed the local TP Link website has the latest FW version but it is for US. 

Is this okay? 

Shall I update it using this FW? 

Thanks. 

Options
2020-12-21 02:08:52

@RageSpawn 

Yes, we have already updated it on the local website, you can update it now.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-12-22 20:14:52

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

I tried to update using the FW from my local TP link website but now my router isn't working at all. 

It is just showing one light that is blinking rapidly for ethernet. I'm unable to access the router setting page as well.

Please help me flash my router to the original FW. I will never update TP-link products again. This is too much of a hassle. Please guide on how I can flash using TFTPD. 

Thanks. 

Options
2020-12-23 02:00:45 - last edited 2020-12-23 02:02:33

@RageSpawn 

Sorry to hear that. May I know which firmware are you trying to upgrade to? Is the below one?

If the router is now unresponsive, please try to upgrade to the original firmware by referring to the firmware recovery as below:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/582

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-12-23 08:12:57

@Kevin_Z 

Hi. 

I have a C20. Will this guide work on my router? 

Can you please tell me which one should I go for? I want the stock firmware for my device like it was when I first bought it. 

Please find hardware details below. 

Bought from Pakistan:

Options
2020-12-23 11:06:06

@RageSpawn 

Hi, you should refer to this one:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/81462?page=1

As for the original firmware, you may get it via this link.

Options
2020-12-26 09:34:11

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin

I followed all the steps and did the flash exactly as instructed but its still bricked. 

Do I have to try several times? 

Please help. Have I destroyed my router? It shouldn't cause this much issue from upgrading/flashing an official firmware. I didnt even flash any third-party firmware. 

Options
Related Articles