Devices that are attached wired to Deco M4 Slave keep losing connection every day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Devices that are attached wired to Deco M4 Slave keep losing connection every day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-17 15:56:19
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest Deco M4(EU)_V2_200918

Hi,

I have recently set up the Deco M4 set, now i have come across a strange issue.

The main Deco is in router mode in the living room and the slave device in the study.

I have hooked up two devices to the slave devices ethernet ports.

When the devices are connected i get my max download and upload speed of 250/25MB and experience no latency issues.

However, every morning after the devices have been off for a longer period. I have to reboot the slave device in order to get a connection.

Just replugging the Ethernet cables does not do anything and the wireless connection is working and stable.

Has there been anyone with similiar issues? please let me know  :)

Options
8 Reply
Re:Devices that are attached wired to Deco M4 Slave keep losing connection every day
2021-05-18 10:20:57

@Tipple Same here on the same firmware.

Options
Re:Devices that are attached wired to Deco M4 Slave keep losing connection every day
2021-05-18 10:32:12

@PinkiPonk What kind of devices do you have attached to the deco?

I have a Desktop pc and an external router i use to broadcast my work wifi. I dont need to use the router every day so i power it off when not needed.

Once the router is powered off the reboot of the deco is no longer needed.

Now i un-plug the external router from the deco, power on the router and when it is fully booted plug it back in to the deco.

Options
2021-05-18 10:41:19

@Tipple I have a switch connected to Deco slave. To the switch I have connected 2 laptops. If I'm not mistaken it works fine as long as any of the laptops is turned on. When all the laptops are off or suspended - the next day they do not get an IP from main Deco DHCP server. Like in your case, wifi works just fine.

I need to test what happens when I connect the laptops directly to the Deco ethernet ports.

Options
2021-05-18 15:57:32

@PinkiPonk It stopped working out of the blue. The second laptop was powered off already. The first one lost the network connection (direct ethernet connection to M4) and couldn't get the IP. But it is not actually DHCP. I set the interface details by hand and no connectivity has been made anyway. 

@TP-Link_Deco any chance you could try to reproduce this on your side and fix ? Quite annoying having to reboot the slave Deco every day :/ Thanks in advance.

Options
2021-05-19 03:47:05

@PinkiPonk 

Hi, would you mind trying to set up the laptop with DHCP and when it happened again, please try to disable the network adapter and enable it again to see whether the internet connection could be restored;

By the way, are the two laptops on the same brand and same Ethernet adapter?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-05-19 09:15:35

@TP-Link Yes, I tried to disable/enable the interface, unplug and plug the cable back. Does not help. Also manual interface configuration does not help - no connectivity (including LAN). 2 different laptops with different adapter vendors (Intel/Realtek).

Options
2021-06-27 12:32:49

I saw an update which was released at 2021-06-15 for the M4, after upgrading i still can't find the scheduled reboot. Please update it as soon as possible TP-Link!

Options
2022-01-26 20:11:48

I'm no longer a Deco user (for other reasons) , but at least one additional user confirmed that my "scheduler" works on D4 and D5.

Mybe you wan tto take a look:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/257672

or direct

https://github.com/uptoratlen/tpLinkM4Reboot

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1015

Replies: 8

Related Articles