Site to Site VPN - IPSEC not working AC1600 VC321-G2h

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-21 03:37:01

Hi Community,

I'm trying to get a simple IPSEC site to site VPN working on my VC321-G2h (AC1600).

The AC1600 is connected to the internet (VDSL) and working fine.  I'm not using the 4G failover feature (no SIM card installed).

I try to setup a IPSEC site to site VPN to my data centre where this client has their servers.  The router at the datacentre is a Cyberoam.

The Cyberoam has several IPSEC site to site VPN's working with various other routers (Draytec, Sonicwall etc)

I have tried various combinations of settings but cannot get the VPN to work.

The error log in the Cyberoam reports : "The system did not accept any proposal received. Need to reconfigure the connection on either of the ends"

The system logs on the TP-Link are next to useless and don't offer any information even in debug mode.

There must be something basic I'm missing on the TP-link that is stopping it.  I have watched the videos and read heaps of articles and it seems pretty straight forward and should just work?

Anyone else successfully get a site to site VPN working with TP-Link AC1600?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Site to Site VPN - IPSEC not working AC1600 VC321-G2h
2020-12-23 12:11:30

@JeffWilkinson 

Hello, thanks very much for the detailed information.

This VC321-G2h seems a customized version for Service Providers in the local market, which means the firmware of the router might be self-designed by your ISP.

Generally, the support for this customized version will be covered by your ISP, and we suggest you contact your ISP first to check if there is any limitation on the firmware.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 405

Replies: 1

Related Articles