Archer C7 router mode - pppoe disconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-21 11:45:24 - last edited 2020-12-22 09:51:09
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 201030

Hello all,

i have an archer c7 v5 model which i have recently upgraded to the firmware version 201030. It worked for aprox one week and then the pppoe connection got disconnected and I was not able to connect it back to my ISP. The router works if i set it to access point mode but it does not work in the router mode. I have even reset the router but it is still not able to connect via pppoe. I want to mention that it is working fine if i put my other router (assus rt-n53 as main router) and tp-link is in access point mode. One last thing i need to mention that when tp-link router is is router mode the system time is set to 30.10.2020 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C7 router mode - pppoe disconnect-Solution
2020-12-22 09:23:40 - last edited 2020-12-22 09:51:09

@Ivaylo it is working as we sprak. I have the following setup

Tplink is in router mode - pppoe connection to ISP

Assus is in access point mode - connected via LAN to tplink and working as wifi range extender

Ivaylo wrote

@Codru 

Have you tried to tweak these settings (Advanced=>Network=>Internet, scroll down and select Advanced):

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer C7 router mode - pppoe disconnect
2020-12-21 11:58:09

@Codru 

Have you tried to tweak these settings (Advanced=>Network=>Internet, scroll down and select Advanced):

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2020-12-22 06:59:12

@Ivaylo 

Just to confirm, when you dial up on the Archer C7 router, is the assus rt-n53 still in use? Or this Archer C7 is replacing that assus rt-n53? You may try to access the assus rt-n53 web interface and write down the WAN MAC address, then copy it to the WAN of the C7 to give it a try. Here are the steps shared by other customers.

You can also try Ivaylo's suggestions.

Options
Re:Archer C7 router mode - pppoe disconnect-Solution
2020-12-22 09:23:40 - last edited 2020-12-22 09:51:09

@Ivaylo it is working as we sprak. I have the following setup

Tplink is in router mode - pppoe connection to ISP

Assus is in access point mode - connected via LAN to tplink and working as wifi range extender

Ivaylo wrote

@Codru 

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-12-22 09:31:01

@Kevin_Z  thanks for support

When i dial up on tplink assus router is working on access point mode(i need it to extend the wifi range). At this point it is working fine(i followed the advice from @Ivaylo to configure the internet connection in advance mode). I will monitor it and let you know it works

Options
2020-12-22 09:50:59

@Codru 

Glad to hear that~

Options
2021-02-04 06:44:48

Unfortunately, the pppoe got disconnected again on my tp-link archer C7 v5 router. It worked fine since our last discussions but now i am unable to connect again. Can you please provide a route forward to troubleshoot? see my current configuration below

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 654

Replies: 6

Related Articles