Wifi locks almost every day on mobile devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-21 15:55:56 - last edited 2020-12-21 16:43:22
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: V3

Hi, do I need to be doing anything else other than changing my password on my router, the reason for asking, is that I've set everything up and installed 3 Power-line 600 adaptors, and I acn get wifi all over the house (However, almost everyday my mobile devices shows a strong wifi signal, but it has an exclamation mark next to the WIFI "radar" signal logo at the top message banner of the phone and when I get this exclamation showing I cant access the internet, I Can't send or receive Whats app messages or access Instagram, The fix is simple, I switch off my wifi on my device, instantly switch back on and all works fine.

This is really frustrating as I'm not constantly looking at my phone so some messages could be delayed by hours as the wont come through whilst the exclamation mark is showing. Its as if my router is dropping and reconnecting, but my phones are remembering the old connection, is this a router config issue, I have no idea.

As said its out of the box config, I'm on Hardware V2 and upgraded to firmware v3

I do have a separate issue posted about my Sonos smart speaker not working through Power-line 600, but I believe this issue to be unrelated

Many thanks - 

John-Boy

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi locks almost every day on mobile devices
2020-12-23 11:26:32

@John-boy 

Hi John, sorry that I missed this post. Actually we can follow this up on the other post, and I have given you some suggestions, please give it a go and confirm, thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 411

Replies: 1

Related Articles