AX50 Unable to get Dynamic IP from Modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-23 14:53:28
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

AX50 router never get dynamic IP directly from modem = No Internet. To ensure my setting is correct, I did below and it works

AX50 connect to Asus AC68U, Asus AC68U connect to Modem, in this configuration the internet work. I never encounter this problem in Asus, Linksys and Dlink router. 

How to get this AX50 connect to internet?

Due to anger, I smashed the modem with hammer. 

Options
9 Reply
Re:AX50 Unable to get Dynamic IP from Modem
2020-12-23 17:02:32

@TJJ 

If you can't get help with the Dynamic IP problem quickly, but you need to get your AX50 online, then you can do the following.

Connect the Asus AC68U to the modem, then log into the configuration interface of the Asus AC68U and write down all the IP information of the WAN/Internet port (IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, DNS servers). Then disconnect the AC68U from the modem.

Now log into the configuration interface of the AX50, choose "Static IP" as Internet Connection Type and enter all the information you got from the AC68U in the above step. Then connect the AX50's WAN port to the modem.

Options
2020-12-23 18:48:41 - last edited 2020-12-23 20:31:05

@woozle 

Judging by the first picture, it doesn't seem that this device is operable as of hammer mentoring.

Nevertheless, there is a video and article as a guide, which would have helped/may help in this situation.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2020-12-24 00:59:42
This doesn't work also. I've tried.
Options
2020-12-24 01:07:31

Ivaylo wrote

@woozle 

Judging by the first picture, it doesn't seem that this device is operable as of hammer mentoring.

Nevertheless, there is a video and article as a guide, which would have helped/may help in this situation.

@Ivaylo None of the solutions in the article work. I have tried everything. I still remember I change from Asus wireless N router to wireless AC router just got online within few minutes with few click.

Options
2020-12-24 03:01:57

@TJJ 

Sorry to hear that. As far as I know, some ISP may have a limitation on the connected router, they register the first router MAC address on the system when you link to the network, then other routers will no longer link to the network due to a different MAC address. If you can still operate the AX50, you may try to copy the Asus AC68U WAN MAC address to the AX50 WAN, then confirm.

BTW, who is your ISP? Is it using Dynamic IP on the Asus AC68U?

Options
2020-12-24 03:28:07

@Kevin_Z Using M1 Fibre ONT dynamic IP. I do not think they lock the router MAC address. I've used multiple wireless router and all of them plug & play few just few clicks, work perfectly under dynamic IP except this router. Asus router is using dynamic IP and all other setting is in default Auto mode.

I have copied all WAN address from Asus router and tried to work under static IP but still no internet.

I have copied Asus router and computer MAC address but still not working.

Use Asus router as a bridge between AX50 and modem then it work under dynamic IP. So basically AX50 basically need other router to survive.

Kevin_Z wrote

@TJJ 

Sorry to hear that. As far as I know, some ISP may have a limitation on the connected router, they register the first router MAC address on the system when you link to the network, then other routers will no longer link to the network due to a different MAC address. If you can still operate the AX50, you may try to copy the Asus AC68U WAN MAC address to the AX50 WAN, then confirm.

BTW, who is your ISP? Is it using Dynamic IP on the Asus AC68U?

Options
2020-12-24 05:47:14

@TJJ 

That sounds weird. You previously mentioned that you have smashed the AX50, so is it functioning? Can we continue to troubleshoot? If yes, we can ask our engineers to investigate further.

Just confirm, does it require any VLAN setting on the router to connect to the M1 network?

Options
2020-12-24 07:14:25

AX50 is in pieces and I have throw to dustbin. Just want to let you (distributor) know that this model got serious problem.

Kevin_Z wrote

@TJJ 

That sounds weird. You previously mentioned that you have smashed the AX50, so is it functioning? Can we continue to troubleshoot? If yes, we can ask our engineers to investigate further.

Just confirm, does it require any VLAN setting on the router to connect to the M1 network?

@Kevin_Z 

Options
2020-12-24 07:53:46

@TJJ 

Thank you for getting back, while we are sorry for all the inconvenience caused. We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will investigate this issue seriously.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1325

Replies: 9

Related Articles