bad internet speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

bad internet speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
bad internet speed
bad internet speed
2020-12-25 21:32:40
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3

Hello

I am coming to you because I bought the DECO M4Rs but I have a bad connection with them (250mbps), with my internet box I have 500mbps going down.

I have a 10 gigabyte internet connexion and the first deco is connected in a gigabyte port.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french

Thank's

Options
4 Reply
Re:bad internet speed
2020-12-26 12:43:06

@Axel59 

Hey Axel

The M4 Mesh uses a 5Ghz backhaul to connect the devices, you mentioned that internet is 500mbps coming into the network, honestly I don't think the M4 is powerful enough for your internet connection.

Based on my experience M4 stations will have around 500mbps connections between eachother in a normal setting, add a few connected device and this will drop to ~300mbps which is perfectly acceptable for VDSL internet but not the 500mbps internet you have.   This I believe is what is happening to you with the 250mbps limit.

I would recommend upgrading to at least the P9 model, ideally the X60 WiFi 6 would be better for you

For the record I had the same problem, I went from VDSL 80mbps to FTTP 900 and it was crippled by my internal networking.  I found the best solution was Omada SDN Router, Switch, Controller and Access Point, it was the best most reliable way to handle the faster internet speeds.

Hope that helps

Options
2020-12-27 19:44:30

@Philbert Thx for your feedback,

I have 500mbps with my last router in wifi AC1200, my internet connection is up to 10go/s (look the screen).
Ok I go to buy the X60.
If i adding a P9 in first with my M4, that won't change?

Options
2020-12-28 09:40:11

@Axel59 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

I am afraid that Deco P9 would not make a huge difference, comparing with M4.

They are all AC1200 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System with two Gigabit Ports but Deco P9 supported powerline backhaul which might help satellite Decos to get more speed from main Deco.

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options
2020-12-29 17:54:50

hello @TP-Link 

I have the same trouble @Axel59 has. The speed of the devices connected to an "slave" node is not as fast as I expected it was going to be. 

I thought this kit would let me keep a fast wifi along all the house. It's a pity. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 552

Replies: 4

Related Articles