Only 1 of 3 powerline adaptors show as source of wireless on my phone and laptop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Only 1 of 3 powerline adaptors show as source of wireless on my phone and laptop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-28 19:38:48
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.3

Hi, I have three powerline adaptors installed around my house however only one of them can be 'found' when i search for a wireless source on my phone or laptop. The wireless strength acceptable thoughout the house no matter what powerline adaptor i am near however i can find all three adaptors by using the tp-link app on my Iphone. My question is can one powerline adaptor become the only one that is detected by devices even though the other adaptors are providing the internet whether it is wireless or ethernet Cat 5?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Only 1 of 3 powerline adaptors show as source of wireless on my phone and laptop
2020-12-30 09:05:31

@Smiler84089 

Hi, thank you very much for your time and patience.

I think it might be because that all the powerline network share the same Wi-Fi SSID;

If possible, you could try to turn off the Wi-Fi move feature and name each of them a different SSID:

Such as:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1422/

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 361

Replies: 1