Cold weather & external power cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-31 18:09:08

Hi all.

Sorry if daft question.  

I am using a Av 1300 poweline adapter pushing out to my garden office. The power cable runs from an upstairs bedroom and is in the open for approximately 5m before dropping down underground.  All was working fine until the cold weather arrived bringing freezing temperature. The adapters work fine when brought inside the house to operate but as soon as I take it out again, it fails to connect. There have been no changes inside. 

Question 1, is me router adaptor failing or 2, has does the cold affect the external wiring? Everything in the shed works fine.

Ty in advance and happy new year. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cold weather & external power cable
2021-01-10 06:01:33

@Ahanna 

Hi,

May I know the model number of your AV1300 powerline adapters, like TL-WPA8630P kit?

When you put them outside of the house, would the powerline light still turn on or off?

If the light Is off, there might be possibility that the wires are under a separate meter outside of the house;

And as for the operating temperature, it would be within 0°C ~ 40°C (32°F ~ 104°F).

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 662

Replies: 1

Related Articles