Votes

Adding Features to Archer C50 (V4-EU)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-01 13:59:31
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: Archer C50(EU)_V4_200608

Hello TP-Link Forum!

I really wish that TP-Link will make a new firmware update to the router with some new FEATURES like OneMesh, WPA3, TP-Link ID. That will be Amazing. I really want OneMesh and WP3 because 1.OneMesh: OneMesh would be great for my home because i have a lot of Access Points (2 AP around my apartment) through out my home so OneMesh will make my life much easier with only TWO SSID's (Because I have 5ghz and 2.4ghz so combined is 2 SSID's) and not have 5 SSID's around my home and no it doesn't slow down my speeds because i have a High-Speed Fiber Connection to the ISP.   2. WPA3 Protection, WPA3 is meh ok but would be great because i want my home to be secure.  3.TP-Link ID support: I would like TP-Link ID support because i want to connect to my router from anywhere because the app is just nice and neat. All Though, My router does support TP-Link Tether support but i would like for the app to add an actual photo of the device unlike just a stock router photo and to allow users to access all the settings from your phone because when you're using the app, half of the settings can't be accessed so it forces you to use the web version instead.

I know it's a lot but at least add OneMesh because it will save my life and would be great if you add this feature then I will be so happy. I only use TP-Link AP because of the quality and reliability of the devices. :)

-Yanis Talbi (Morocco)
Options
1 Reply
Re:Adding Features to Archer C50 (V4-EU)
2021-01-13 10:19:00

@BoredderoB 

Hi, thanks for the suggestions.

There are currently not any plans to add the support for Onemesh or WPA3 on the Archer C50, you are suggested to keep an eye on the Onemesh compatibility list as well as the WPA3 compatibility list, just in case there is an update.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 646

Replies: 1

Voters 2