"DSL disabled" for VDSL connection only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-07 18:57:45
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 201122 Rel.72659n

Hello, I've just bought the router to replace the rented FunBox 2 from my ISP. I've managed to connect it through ADSL2, but when I try to make a VDSL connection, in the Internet Connections tab the status just shows as "DSL disabled". I can't find any information about what this can mean, I'd appreciate some clues.

Options
10 Reply
Re:"DSL disabled" for VDSL connection only
2021-01-07 21:06:18

@kiroma 

Hey

WOuld you be able to send some screenshots of the DSL error?  i cant seem to think what could be causing this for you.   Also what speed is your internet connection roughly?  

VDSL usually connects via PPPoE     vs  ADSL that connects via PPPoA

Options
2021-01-07 21:28:59

@Philbert 

I have a 20Mbps down / 1Mbps up. The connection is supposed to be VDSL, despite the ADSL speeds.

So this is what I see in the WebUI:

This is the first connection which I'm currently using and which seems to work

And here's the VDSL connection which I'm trying to create:

Options
2021-01-07 21:31:56 - last edited 2021-01-07 21:34:17

Now, the ADSL connection works, but currently the connection seems quite a bit slower than what I got on the previous router. I also only get the option to enable IPv6 connection when using the "VDSL" option which I really wanted to try out and use. Thanks in advance for helping me out.

Edit: I just noticed the IPv6 option in the ADSL as I was looking at the screenshots. I'm very confused.

Options
2021-01-07 21:43:16

@kiroma 

Im guessing you created number 2 in the image below?

If so this wont connect until you remove number 1.. the best option for you would be to use the quick setup wizard and select OTHER when asked, this should allow you to manually set the details you need for VDSL

if you are on 20 down you could still be ADSL as it technically can go to 24.. however more likely vdsl

What is your currrent connection speed reporting as down adn up?  i would guess you need to disconnect and delete both below then run the wizard and go other. what what i would do

Options
2021-01-07 22:26:03

@Philbert 

Well I tried removing the 1st connection earlier and it didn't really end up helping. I'll try to tinker around it a bit when my family isn't busy.

Options
2021-01-07 22:28:28

@kiroma 

OK so the last pic you sent there your profile is ADSL2 plus which is upto 24mbps, you connected around 16 at moment wtih line speed of 18

Try the wizard adn see if the VSDL other profile will apply for you, fingers crossed :)

Options
2021-01-09 13:06:19

Right, so the quick setup wizard has no option for VDSL, once you choose "other" and hit next it just displays this screen:

So I've tried several things, I tried deleting all connections, rebooting the router and only setting up the VDSL one, I tried rebooting the router with only the VDSL one being set up, I tried changing several options in the "DSL Settings", but none seems to have worked.

Options
2021-01-09 13:44:51

@kiroma 

That doesnt come as much of a surprise to be honest, its all down to the internet connection type  VDSL / ADSL setting is just a name..   As a general rule of thumb   

PPPoE for VDSL

PPPoA for ADSL 

however you would be best checking what your ISP recommends, but generally stick to PPPoE for VSDL.   Dont worry about the fact it doesnt say VDSL, its only a profile name.. OTHER as you have chosen is basically manually configured.

Who is your ISP?

Options
2021-01-09 15:08:39

@Philbert 

Oh okay, well it kind of threw me off, I thought it specified the mode of operation.

My ISP is Orange. PPPoE works just fine, PPPoA doesn't, which I guess makes sense.

So the speeds right now seem to match what I've had previously, so I think it's working properly now. Thanks for all the assistance.

Options
2021-01-09 15:12:32

@kiroma 

Not a problem, glad to be of help and enjoy the new router yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5993

Replies: 10