Archer C6 - WhatsApp videocalls problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-11 05:47:49
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Archer C6(EU)_V2_200902

Hello.

After I install new Archer C6 (in router mode) into my home network, WhatsApp videocalls on Android phones connected through wifi stop works smoothly.

Sometimes it fails, sometimes it goes, but lags.

If I switch Archer C6 to AP mode, all is ok. If I use my old Netgear router, all is ok.

So, my question is, what service to enable/disable or what to set, to fix it please?

I try on/off NAT Boost, UPnP, SPI firewall, QoS (with priority for phone). Nothing helps.

I try newest fw Archer C6(EU)_V2_200902, also oldest compatible Archer C6(EU)_V2_200402. Both fails.

Thanks for any advice.

Milsn, Czech Republic

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C6 - WhatsApp videocalls problem
2021-04-11 14:26:42

@milsn 

When experiencing issues with WhatsApp calls, please try connecting to a different network (such as Wi-Fi connection instead of mobile data, or vice versa). Your current network might not be properly configured for UDP (User Datagram Protocol) which may prevent WhatsApp Calling from functioning properly.

If you're unable to make or receive WhatsApp calls after connecting to your Wi-Fi connection, make sure your router's security settings and firewall configuration aren't blocking certain types of connections in order for WhatsApp Calling to function properly.

If you have any additional questions regarding UDP or Firewall settings, please contact your service provider or network administrator for additional information.

Your battery saver and bluetooth connection may also cause issues with WhatsApp calls. If your battery saver is turned on or bluetooth is connected, please try disabling them and let us know if the issue still persists.

Additionally, please restart your device and make sure no other application is using your microphone, earpiece or cameras. Please let us know if you're experiencing the same issue on other applications as well as WhatsApp.

After doing this all if you have the same issue then you can also try this FMWhatsApp Apk to ensure that if you having the same issue with this app too. then conact with WhatsApp.

Options
2021-05-08 11:56:56

harrycallum wrote

@milsn 

When experiencing issues with WhatsApp calls, please try connecting to a different network (such as Wi-Fi connection instead of mobile data, or vice versa). Your current network might not be properly configured for UDP (User Datagram Protocol) which may prevent WhatsApp Calling from functioning properly.

If you're unable to make or receive WhatsApp calls after connecting to your Wi-Fi connection, make sure your router's security settings and firewall configuration aren't blocking certain types of connections in order for WhatsApp Calling to function properly.

If you have any additional questions regarding UDP or Firewall settings, please contact your service provider or network administrator for additional information.

Your battery saver and bluetooth connection may also cause issues with WhatsApp calls. If your battery saver is turned on or bluetooth is connected, please try disabling them and let us know if the issue still persists.

Additionally, please restart your device and make sure no other application is using your microphone, earpiece or cameras. Please let us know if you're experiencing the same issue on other applications as well as WhatsApp.

After doing this all if you have the same issue then you can also try this FMWhatsApp Apk to ensure that if you having the same issue with this app too. then conact with WhatsApp.

@harrycallum 

Thank you so much for sharing this info which is really helpful to me. Because with the help of this info I am able to fix my issue.

Options
2021-06-14 12:45:43
People, don't install garbage APK to check if WhatsApp has problems since this is a router thing. Actually the mentioned FMWhatsApp APK is a serious danger for you as it allows the developer to see your messages in clear and who knows what other spyware it adds. I have similar issues with this router, latest firmware installed; WhatsApp video call quality is pure garbage. How on earth do you suggest to reduce the power of the router to make this work I don't get it!
Options
2021-06-16 03:21:12

@KingRabbid 

I remember you reported an 2.4G disconnect issue, which was resolved by updating the router firmware to the beta version we provided to the community, is that right? So you are encountering the WhatsApp video lags issue with the beta firmware? Can we confirm the detailed firmware version on the Archer C6?

If possible, we would like to confirm more details about the WhatsApp issue, and what kind of configuration or setting you've modified to improve it, thanks.

Options
2021-06-16 21:03:29 - last edited 2021-06-16 21:04:08

Indeed, I had the 2.4G problem but the issue with WhatsApp happened even before applying the beta, with the latest official release. So it's not related to the version of the firmware.

I know I have a problem with WhatsApp as the same persons I have bad quality calls with, face no similar issues when being involved in calls with other people. And if I switch to mobile internet on my phone then problem is gone as well.

What I did and will monitor to see the result is to disable the NAT Boost option; I get the feeling that this way WhatsApp is more stable. But this impacts the performance overall and I'd like not to rely on such setting on long term.

Please let me know what kind of information you need to troubleshoot the issue here or via personal message. Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1637

Replies: 5