Cant print to printer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cant print to printer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cant print to printer
Cant print to printer
2021-01-18 22:14:44
Model: TL-PA4020P KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have a HP printer that supports WIFI connection only (No ethernet port).

It is connected by WIFI directly to my main SKY broadband router. 

Before - My house is very solidly built and I used additional SKYQ mini boxes which act as WIFI extenders so I can print to the printer from my MAC book when I am out of range of the main SKY router WIFI signal (front of house) (laptop in kitchen at back of house).  The mini box was connected to the router by a means of an ethernet connection to the main SKYQ box which then connected wirelessly for the last hop to the SKY router.  This has always worked fine (i.e. I can send a print job from the laptop in the kitchen and it prints).

Now - I purchased the TP link AV600 starter pack with a dual port and single port adaptors. Single adaptor is connected to the SKY router by ethernet and the Main SKYQ box and the mini box are not both connected into the dual port powerline adaptor by ethernet - I did this as the SKYQ main box WIFI connection to the router ws unreliable and kept dropping out.

Effectively the last mile hop to the router (where the printer is WIFI connected) is now(when my laptop is connected to the SKYQ mini WIFI extender in the kitchen) via the powerline adaptors.

Since doing this I can no longer connect and send print jobs to the printer.  Everything else works fine (I can stream TV between the SKYQ boxes, I can access internet and do online gaming etc).  I can PING the printer from the laptop in the kitchen so I have basic ICMP connectivity but anytime I try to connect to the printer to obtain settings or send a print job it just says printer is offline.  The moment I walk into the front room and the laptop connects to the router AP it works fine.

Can anyone help as this simply does not make sense - I have reinstalled drivers etc, set static IP but none of that is any use.  The printer driver is fine and is sending job to the right network location (it would work from the router connection otherwise).  As stated ICMP works.

There is no rhyme or reason for this and I suspect it is an issue with the Adaptors.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Justin

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cant print to printer
2021-01-21 11:53:57

@JustinPG 

Hi, thanks a lot for your detailed information.

Would you mind helping us check the following details as well:

Could you please draw me a picture of your network structure how are the Sky Q main box, Mini box  are connected to each other with and without TL-PA4020P kit?

And what is the exact model number of your HP printer?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Cant print to printer
2021-01-21 13:25:37

@TP-Link 

Diagram attached showing old and new configurations before and after installation of powerline (2 pages attached).

The printer is an HP Envy 4520 all-in-one (Is that OK?)  Let me know if you need a more specific model number?

File:
Diagrams.docxDownload
Options