Internet speeds dropping to almost 0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-19 18:11:00 - last edited 2021-01-19 18:13:08

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help! 

I have a TL-WPA4230P kit that I bought probably 5 years ago? Never really had any issues before, download speeds at around 30mbps, which was enough for my usage (mostly streaming). But over the last month or so I've found that speeds are now averaging around 0.7mbps. I tried restarts, new cables, removing other appliances from the through socket, then did some tests to find out which sockets were on which circuits. They were plugged into different circuits, so moved the unit attached to the router into a different socket and behold! Immediately 60mbps download speeds! I thought my woes were over and was working fine for almost 2 weeks. Until this afternoon, out of nowhere, I am once again plagued by less than 1mbps speeds through wireless and wired connections. I am now at a loss for a solution.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Internet speeds dropping to almost 0
2021-01-21 11:32:20

@Carlos92 

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.

Have you tried to change the wireless channel to have a look, like a channel 11 for 2.4ghz?

1. Connect to the powerline extender wirelessly. Visit http://tplinkplc.net , and log in with the username and password you set for the extender.
  2. Go to Basic > Wireless Settings page.

Did you download the powerline utility:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202011/20201127/tpPLC%20Utility.zip

if yes, please try to monitor the powerline rate for a while when the speed is normal and dropped hugely;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 251

Replies: 1

Related Articles