Feature request / Option to have network optimized automatically?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-21 12:24:01
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello Deco, 

In the  Router Settings on the DECO app there is a section called Network Optimization. If I do not press it, will the network never be optimized?

Is there a way to have that optimization done automatically let's say at 3 am every night? When pressing optimization it warns that network may become unstable, but in the middle of the night that would not be a problem. 

thanks, 

J

Options
10 Reply
Re:Feature request / Option to have network optimized automatically?
2021-01-22 05:34:02

@Janingo 

Hi, thank you very much for your feedback.

It would be a good idea to make network optimized automatically.

We would like to report the feedback to the senior engineers for further evaluation.

If anyone had the same request, please feel free to update it here.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2021-01-24 14:40:53

@TP-Link 

where would we find information about what this program actually does? Many thanks 

TP-Link wrote

@Janingo 

Hi, thank you very much for your feedback.

It would be a good idea to make network optimized automatically.

We would like to report the feedback to the senior engineers for further evaluation.

If anyone had the same request, please feel free to update it here.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2021-03-19 22:18:53
It is a great idea to have to make network optimized automatically at Deco M5. But, When?
Options
2021-05-04 22:37:17

@TP-Link Deco M5: I'm on the latest firmware and there seems to be a permanent need for a manual optimization. Please either make the manual optimization good for more than a few seconds or make it an always-on-and running in the background feature. Having looked at the posts about this, you have known about this issue for months. Could you please rectify as a matter or urgency.

Options
2021-06-10 22:43:13

@Brent1 @TP-Link 

I'm facing the same issue. Everytime I check my router, it says my network is congested and needs to be optimized, even if I repeated the process seconds ago.

I believe it should be an autonomous operation to be optimized automatically

Options
2021-06-11 02:43:03

@thiago.soeiro 

Thanks for the update.

As for this issue, please have a  look at this link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/264506 https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/264506 

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-06-29 23:54:18

@TP-Link yes it would be a great feature so we users don't need to keep manually optimize the network. I also have another question, I have set up my 3 deco X60 as access point and uses my TPlink gaming rounder as router but turned off its WiFi. Is this a better set up or shall I just don't use the existing TP link as my router? 

Options
2021-06-30 07:24:43

@edwardchew 

As far as I know, the network optimization feature will be optimized in the future firmware, you may keep an eye for the new firmware updates on your Deco app.

It should be good to connect the Deco to the existing TP-Link router and configured it into Access Point mode, all the 3 Deco X60 can be in the same mesh network. The layout showing in the below FAQ are OK:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode?

Options
2021-08-23 10:27:06 - last edited 2021-08-23 10:37:48

Please add automatic network optimisation as soon as possible. My network reliability is awful. Whenever I want to use the network I have to optimise it first. Even then it only lasts minutes before needing to be optimised again. 

Is it not possible to simply choose my own channels? For some reason the optimisation never moves the traffic to empty channels. 

Deco X90

1.1.1 Build 20210720 44578

Options
2021-09-11 19:33:29

@thiago.soeiro 

I have this same issue. Is there a problem with my internet set-up or network set-up or the app in general? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 1146

Replies: 10

Related Articles