Media Share doesn't index all files

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-22 11:50:03
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.5.0 0.9.1 v006c.0 Build 201103 Beta.36058n

I have found a large number of my audio files are not visible in the media server, though they are there if I look at it as a file share.  If I stop and start the media server, sometimes different selections of files are indexed, but never, it seems, all of them.

Is there a limit to the number of files it will index in a library, or is it buggy?  I have about 5,500 audio files and about 8,000 images.  It is indexing all the photos, but only about 1800 of the audio files.

Thanks

David

Options
3 Reply
Re:Media Share doesn't index all files
2021-01-27 07:09:27

@David_R 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

Could you please tell me the brand, capacity, partition table (MBR or GPT), format type (FAT32, NTFS, EXT2, EXT3, etc.) of the USB drive attached to the VR2800?

Which access path did you use? SMB (192.168.0.1) or FTP (ftp://192.168.0.1), or the media server on the computer? BTW, ensure you can access all the audio files and images when plugging the USB drive directly to the computer.

What is the audio files format that could not be detected in the USB drive?

Options
2021-01-30 23:00:12

@Kevin_Z 

It's a 2TB Seagate drive using NTFS. SMB and HTTP works fine, and the problem is not confined to any particular format of audio file, it also seems to fail to index all the photos as well.  The MiniDNLA status web page says it has indexed just over 5,000 pictures, but there are more than 7,500.  It says it has indexed 3651 audio files, but there are more than 5,000.

Everything is visible via the SMB shares and the HTTP interface, it is just the DNLA server that doesn't show everything

Options
2021-02-01 03:26:01

@David_R 

Thank you very much for getting back with the required info.

To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 483

Replies: 3

Related Articles