Latest TPplc utility sees only some powerline adaptors but not others

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-24 12:18:49
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

There are real problems with the TPplc utility.

I followed some other threads on here and I downloaded onto my Windows 10 PC what I think is the latest version of TPplc utility (although the software does not give any version numbers or dates !)

The utility shows my  two old WPA-4220 ver 1.0 adaptors (with wi-fi) and also one PA4010 (UK) v 3 adaptor - the one that's attached to the router.

But I can't enrol the other two adaptors - another TL-PA4010 (UK) ver 3 and one TL-PA-411.  

Does someone please have an answer to this ? It's very unsatisfactory and wasting my time.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Latest TPplc utility sees only some powerline adaptors but not others
2021-01-24 12:44:10

@Andrew-H 

I have a partial answer to my own problem.

If your windows PC is connected wirelessly, TPplc utility does not work correctly.

If you connect by ethernet, you can enroll the adaptors.

But the software should come with version number, a help section, limitations, and so on... come on TP - improve it !

Options
2021-01-25 08:38:18

@Andrew-H 

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

Have you paired all the 5 adapters together?

If the computer with utility installed directly connected to the TL-PA4010, or PA411, are you able to see these adapters?

PS: Please turn off the firewall on the computer and refresh the utility if possible;

Thanks lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-01-25 18:06:44

@Andrew-H I can connect now ok with ethernet  to the powerline adaptors, and I see all 5 of them.

Thanks - but some of my comments stand (version, date, contextual help within the program).

Options
2021-01-28 06:06:31

@Andrew-H 

Excellent! And thanks for your kind feedback.

We would be glad to forward your request to the senior engineers for further evaluation.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 465

Replies: 4

Related Articles