Deco's Test Internet Speed is different from the wifi speed it kicks out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-24 22:13:11
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20201013 Rea. 58271

Hello, 

When I test my network speed, it shows that my download speeds are clocking at 915.4 Mbps, however the WiFi signal coming from my Deco X20s, kicks out download speeds of only 169 Mbps. See phtotos below...

This is really unfortunate. I remember when I first bought these devices, the WiFi speeds were hovering around 500 Mbps. Now that's gone south ever since the last firmware update. Is there anything that I need to do from my end? Note that I even tested the speed with my device up against my home deco, which resulted in 169 Mbps. 

Is there anything anyone can suggest here? If not, I will be leaving a negative review in Amazon. 

Thank you, 

Jeff

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco's Test Internet Speed is different from the wifi speed it kicks out
2021-01-25 07:48:17

@AlbertaRanger 

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

For your case, we would like to follow up by email and could you please help me check the following information

1. Did you have any wired laptop so that we could test the Ethernet speed from the main Deco as well?
  2. Since the 4ghz and 5ghz shared the same name, could you please turn off the 2.4ghz for a little bit and only test the internet speed for 5ghz?

--if possible, please also check the link speed on the device on 5ghz as well: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2265/

1. Since you mentioned the firmware, did the speed decline just after the latest firmware update?
  2. If possible, could you please draw a picture of your network structure about how these Deco units are connected to each other?

By the way, if the QoS and UPNP is enabled, please temporally turn them off.

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Deco's Test Internet Speed is different from the wifi speed it kicks out
2021-01-25 23:44:53

@TP-Link, thanks. 

I did some troubleshooting. I found out -- and this is just a guess on my part -- that the last firmware update or iOS app update resetted my QoS settings. Basically, I had gaming, streaming, surfing, chatting, and downloading all back down to medium. I used to have that set to high. After setting my QoS settings to high, I am now able to get speeds of 300 to 500 Mbps. However, it's stil not close to the 900 mbps-bandwidth that it should be producing.   

I am going go over your directions agai and see if I can boost this up some more. 

Thank you, 

Jeff

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 567

Replies: 2