Configuration 1 network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Configuration 1 network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Configuration 1 network
Configuration 1 network
2021-01-27 07:12:33

Hi all,

I've bought 2 TL-WPA8635P kits.

The first one got set up, and now i want to use the Wifi extender from the second kit, to expand the 1st network.

It is creating automatically a second network.

I've tried pairing them, and had a look into the mesh option, but nothing seems to work.
Mesh option says my router isn't compatible, i'm using a telenet/provider router.

Is it possible to use a second kit's wifi extender as a repeater?

Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Configuration 1 network
2021-01-28 03:19:08

@MrTC 

Hi,

Is the model number TL-WPA8631 P kit?

As for the Onemesh feature, it required both the main router and powerline adapters are TP-Link brand;

It is ok to only use TL-WPA8631p in the second powerline kit to extend the powerline network of the first kit but please make sure the whole house is under the same electric meter;

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Configuration 1 network
2021-01-28 07:13:46 - last edited 2021-01-28 07:14:18

@TP-Link 

Thank you for your reply!

Onemesh wont be an option in that case.

I've bought them over bol.com:
https://www.bol.com/nl/p/tp-link-tl-wpa8635p-kit-wifi-powerline-v2-0-2-stuks-be/9200000087587115/?s2a=

I only have one electric meter, so that can't be the issue.

Yesterday I've tried to pair them again without succes.

To be clear.

Setup 1 is ok, do I need to pair the second wifi extender with the first wifi extender, or with the powerline adapter hooked up @ the router?

I already tried both.
If I pair it with the first wifi extender then that one loses its internet connection.
If I pair it with the one hooked up at the router, nothing happens.

Tried resetting them several times, but the end result stays the same.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 202

Replies: 2

Related Articles