Powerline blocking web access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-27 11:45:28

Hi everyone, hope someone can help.

one of my old powerline adapters failed recently, so i whipped out and bought new ones when i was setting up a new home office. i grabbed the AV600 Nano starter kit locally, and set them up really easily.

at first they didnt work, so i bought a new cat7 cable and used a different power socket, and they immediately worked, no issues.  then after a system reboot overnight, they are not working.  i have gone through all he same steps as i did before... ive tried resetting them, re-pairing them etc.  all lights are green on both units. Oddly, if i start a microsoft teams meeting on wifi (which is flaky this far from the router) then switch to powerline (turning off the wifi) the video still continues to work.  but if i start on powerline, i cannot even start the meeting as teams says there is no connection. 

Any thoughts on how to get them working again?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Powerline blocking web access
2021-01-28 03:10:49 - last edited 2021-01-28 03:13:48

@capt_squidpants 

Hi,

May I know the model number of your powerline adapters, like TL-WPA4220 KIT, or TL-PA4010kit?--you could find it on the back label;

Except the Microsoft team meeting, can you open other websites, like Facebook, or other online meeting programs?

And did you use the same SSID or different SSID for the home router and powerline adapters?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-01-28 12:23:08

@TP-Link 

thanks for replying.

the model number is TL-PA4010 KIT.  for the below explanation i use ethernet but it is connected via the tp-links.

If both WiFi and ethernet are enabled on the machine, or if its just the ethernet enabled, i cant access anything. 

if just wifi is on i can access everything.  

if im on just wifi and start a team meeting, then the meeting is fine, but a little flaky at times.  if while i am in the meeting, i enable ethernet, the meeting quality notably improves. however, i am then unable to access any other network/web resources.  if i stop the meeting at that point, it will not let me restart it as it says there is no connection.

if im just on wifi, start a meeting (like above), then enable ethernet and turn off wifi, the quality of the meeting stays good, but i cannot access any other resources. 

the system inexplicably started working last night for about two hours, then, yet again, when i turned the machine on this morning, the powerline connection blocks access.

Options
2021-02-01 13:46:35
So i am still stumped by this. I can ping and trace through the powerline with no issues. if i am in a videocall or voicecall (on any service) and i switch to ethernet and switch off wifi, it keeps working fine, but i cant send messages/emails etc as it says there is no connection. this is incredibly frustrating.
Options
2021-02-01 17:00:06
i just keep getting connection reset whenever i try to browse online. dont know if that helps
Options
2021-02-08 19:23:16

and today i turned on the computer, and the powerlines just work.. no changes made since the last time..  i wonder what tomorrow will bring.

Options
2021-02-09 07:02:34

@capt_squidpants 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

I thought the current issue is quite odd.

Just curious, when the powerline started working today, the computer still has both Wi-Fi and Ethernet enabled, or just Ethernet?

At the same time, we would like to collect the following information and forward your case to the senior engineers:

1. What is the model number of your home router?
  2. Could you please help me check the IP address and gateway when the computer is connected via Ethernet only and there is no internet service?

--at this moment, please try to ping 8.8.8.8 and the gateway on the computer, such as  https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/425/

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 662

Replies: 6

Related Articles