how to extend the network to another room in the house

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-27 17:51:22
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello TPLINK Community

I have a TP-Link network which has worked successfully for the past year, I would now like to "extend" the network to another room in the house. I bought another set of TP-Link hardware (an adapter and an extender). I have followed the installation guide to pair the new adapter to the old network, the pairing appears to be successful as the various lights are lit and not blinking. The pair was completed in the same room as the old adpater (and the modem).

When I moved the newly paired adapter to another room, there is no connection to the new network

The network does not display on the laptops list of wifi networks

I have not used the extender as this was not mentioned in the installation guide

To follow the installation guide, I performed the following actions

Pressed the pair button on the old adpater for a second

the power LED blinked

Within 2 minutes I pressed the pair button on the new adapter

The power LED blinked and then was steady

I then moved the new adapter to another room but could not connect it

Is it possible to extend the network using the new adapter or new extender, so that the TP link can be used in two rooms of the house?

Options
2 Reply
Re:how to extend the network to another room in the house
2021-01-28 02:49:43

@BCLink 

Hi, thank you very much for your detailed information.

For your case, it is more like the two houses are under the different electric meter since they would work in the same house, not the different one;

May I know the distance between the two places?

Is there open space between them?

How many devices in the second house that need internet service via a wireless and wired connection?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:how to extend the network to another room in the house
2021-01-28 19:03:50

@TP-Link 

The old (original) extender is in a bedroom

The adapter and moden are in the dining room

The new location is the converted garage

The house is a bungalow. so all the rooms are on the same level

the dining room is in the middle of the house, the old (original) extender in the bedroom, which is 8 to 10 metres from the dining room

The converted garage is on the other side of the dining room, but further away, about 12 metres

There is only one house, the one electrical circuit, no open spaces between the rooms

I attempted to pair the new extender to the original adapter, by pluging the new extender into a socket in the same room as the original adapter, in the dining room

Thank you for your help

Brian

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 448

Replies: 2