Port forwarding does not work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-30 21:43:33
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 200511 Rel.43036n

I want to configure portforwarding with virtual server as usual but port is not open. I tested it with "https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/"

Using the same SIM (with same public IP) with Huawei Router and same virtual server configuration the ports are open.

Could this be an regional problem with HW-Version V5 in Austria?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Port forwarding does not work
2021-02-02 08:57:00

@And-Rei 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

Can you please verify if the internet IP address on the MR6400 is the same as showing up on the whatismyip site? Can you visit the specific server or service in the local network? May I know what kind of service you are trying to open the port for?

Try to change the port number to some others, then confirm if you can open it successfully. We can then investigate this and see what the issue is.

Options
2021-02-03 07:23:21

@Kevin_Z 

I just verified the IP address. It is the same. 

Yes it is possible to access in local network. I use the service to have access to my home automation. Visualization as well as programming.

I tried other ports but no success.

Options
2021-02-04 02:45:10

@And-Rei 

Thank you very much for getting back.

Can we have the model number of the Huawei modem? BTW, which port or ports have you tried?

It is suggested to contact the SIM card provider to confirm if there is any limitation on their server, as the port 80 is kind of special. Who is the SIM card provider, please?

If there is no limitation on the provider network, we will try to compare the settings between the Huawei and the MR6400, then provide a solution for this.

Options
2021-02-08 05:48:34

@Kevin_Z 

The Huawei is a B593U-12:

I already tried several ports. 443, 8080, 21, 20

The SIM card provider is SPUSU and uses the net from Drei.

Options
2021-02-08 07:40:37

@And-Rei 

To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 772

Replies: 5

Related Articles