Trouble with UTP-cables connecting to Deco M9+

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-02 08:42:17 - last edited 2021-02-02 09:04:15
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hi, 

I'm having trouble with putting UTP-cables in Deco's. I clicked in a cable, it was working. Had to remove but want to reattach it, but now it won't click. Also tried other cables with no success. The only way to keep a UTP-cable in place is to tighten it a bit between the Deco and the wall. Is this a known issue with Deco's? It was an unused cable which lay here for a couple of years.

Put the cable in another Deco with success.

Thanx in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Trouble with UTP-cables connecting to Deco M9+
2021-02-03 12:26:26

@DikkieDick 

Hi,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and I did not get much feedback bout this issue.

Have you tested the UTP cable with all 3 Deco M9 plus and would all of them have the same issue when working as the main Deco?

if possible, would you mind trying to record a video clip about this issue?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Trouble with UTP-cables connecting to Deco M9+
2021-02-03 18:24:43 - last edited 2021-02-03 18:31:17

@TP-Link Hi, thanx for your answer. I haven't tested this specific cable in the main Deco. Only in another not main Deco. Will also test by putting another cable in this. Unfortunately I can't swap this Deco to another place because at the main Deco I have ofcourse the UTP from the modem connected and at the other slave Deco there's a PC without wifi connected through a cable. I can make a video. Will be one of the next days. 

I also tried this specific cable in one of the 2 M5's I have. In one of the 2 slots it clicks, the other not.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 527

Replies: 2

Related Articles