Archer C80 / Security / Access control / whitelist limited to 16 entries

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-03 16:45:46 - last edited 2022-12-13 11:47:45
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.9 Build 201003 Rel.55402n(4555)

Implementing the access control on my new Archer C80 wifi router (I couldn't find it in the models list), I realize the whitelist is apparently limited to 16 entries, which effectively renders the access control unusable: obviously not enough clients !

Plus, if you think about using the feature, the whitelist edition capabilities are very limited, its import/export capabilities are not provided

Any workaround would be appreciated...

Left a message to customer support - will advise

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C80 / Security / Access control / whitelist limited to 16 entries-Solution
2021-09-18 03:19:17 - last edited 2021-09-18 03:19:23

@zexoni70 

The Whitelist of Access Control settings has been increased to 64 rules on the current official firmware, please ensure you're on the latest official version:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c80/#Firmware

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer C80 / Security / Access control / whitelist limited to 16 entries
2021-02-04 06:21:13 - last edited 2021-09-18 03:19:30

@safefly 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

The maximum whitelist rules is 16. If you want to block some unknown devices to connect to the network, you can add them to the blacklist.

While we will also pay attentions to this kind of request, and will feedback to the related department, they will evaluate if this can be improved in the future.

Options
2021-02-10 03:41:33

safefly wrote

Implementing the access control on my new Archer C80 wifi router (I couldn't find it in the models list), I realize the whitelist is apparently limited to 16 entries, which effectively renders the access control unusable: obviously not enough clients !

Plus, if you think about using the feature, the whitelist edition capabilities are very limited, its import/export capabilities are not provided

safefly wrote

@safefly it's incredible, I just configured my archer c80 today, and be happy because my old tp-link accepted 30 or more clients in White list to control de.access, and obviously, this is a modern model more expensive, for.sure, I could do it, but when I set 16 client a message: the table is full, its unbelievable, I feel.cheated. My next router, probably won't be a tp-link one. 

Options
2021-02-14 10:28:33

@Montoj Hi !

You're right this limited number of entries suck.

It clearly degrades the quality of the unit...

Options
2021-09-12 19:02:57 - last edited 2021-09-12 19:04:05

@Kevin_Z

Dear Kevin,

is there any news to increase the number of MAC addresses in Whitelist for Archer C80?

Believe me 16 users is a very small number, because there are not only MAC addresses that access via Wi-Fi, but also all other devices that connect via LAN cable.

Please request that this number of devices be increased because you promised long ago here on the forum that you would talk to your technicians, but nothing has changed for the better since then ... :(

TRUST NO ONE, THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
Options
Re:Archer C80 / Security / Access control / whitelist limited to 16 entries-Solution
2021-09-18 03:19:17 - last edited 2021-09-18 03:19:23

@zexoni70 

The Whitelist of Access Control settings has been increased to 64 rules on the current official firmware, please ensure you're on the latest official version:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c80/#Firmware

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-09-18 13:00:26

@Kevin_Z 

Dear Kevin_Z  it's my mistake, The latest firmware is enabled and allowed by more than 16 clients on Whitelist.

Best regards!

TRUST NO ONE, THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2519

Replies: 6

Related Articles