I can't record from SD card to memory on my Tapo APP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-05 09:58:58
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.17

Hello, since my last Tapo app update (4 days ago) I can't save  to memory from my SD card records. The record button (camera)  and the photo button doesn't work. Someone please help me as I need to save something and I'm miles away from the camera.

Thanks!

Options
11 Reply
Re:I can't record from SD card to memory on my Tapo APP
2021-02-05 12:58:33

@Maakedon 

SD has format fat32?

Because if you don't have it, when it reaches 8% of its capacity, it no longer allows recording.

If it has fat32 format, and you just updated the tapo app and it does not record... Try restarting you phone  (only your phone) so that the new updated app recognizes the location of your phone  where uou syore recording.

Options
2021-02-05 14:21:52

@alvaro123 

Thank you for your reply, I've restarted both camera and phone and it didn't worked. The problem appeared only after the update. The card has been formated by the device itself, I baught it new and inserted directly in the camera, and it worked fine even after the first loop. Thanks!

alvaro123 wrote

@Maakedon 

SD has format fat32?

Because if you don't have it, when it reaches 8% of its capacity, it no longer allows recording.

If it has fat32 format, and you just updated the tapo app and it does not record... Try restarting you phone  (only your phone) so that the new updated app recognizes the location of your phone  where uou syore recording.

Options
2021-02-05 18:45:22

@Maakedon 

When the SD is new it has an exfat format. If you format with the camera, it will still be exfat. It will not work.

Solution:

Step1: Format the SD from windows by installing a software. Find the tutorial on youtube: format SD in fat32

Step2: insert the SD card into the camera, the camera recognizes it, the camera formats the SD and thats it. Now you will have no problems.

If you cannot record later. It may be for 2 reasons:

1. You have updated your application. Solution: restart the phone.

2. The SD is full. Solution: format from camera to erase all content and start ....

Options
2021-02-05 18:57:38

Note: SD in fay32 if it works the first days. But... It fills up fast. It is not the righ away, then it brings problems.

SD new 128 Gb is exfat need format fat32

SD new 64 GB is exfat need format fat32

SD new 32 Gb is fat32 only insert in camera

SD new 16 Gb is fat32 only insert in camera

Options
2021-02-05 19:30:53

@Maakedon 

OK I'll format the SD card and let you know it it works after that, Just so you know I've purchased the device on the 27th of December and it goes 16 days until loop, so it worked fine about 2 months, I still think that the problem is with the latest update.

Thank you!

Options
2021-02-05 20:13:22

@Maakedon 

Ok I've checked the micro SD under properties on my laptop and it's allready a FAT 32 file system, so no need for format it as it is what it needs to be, this means 1 thing, that the new update has a problem that needs to be fixed. If you have anyother suggestion please let me know. 

Thanks!

Options
2021-02-06 12:03:43

Hi

My case .. i insert a new exfat SD (64GB) directly. The camera detects it, the camera formats it and worked very well, recorfing in a loop. 

25 days passed .. I had seversl motion captures... But... The record button began not yo save the videos. Message appeared: insufficient space.. but...memory was full only 9.6 GB and the camera kept csptuting movement in orange timeline bars... Very weird... So... I formatted the SD from the camera, apparently everything was erased. But... NO... From windows the recording was kept in rare files. Formatting SD in windows to erase everything (windows only format in exfat) ...  I insert the SD in the camera, it detects ii. Formats it, now SD has 0 GB but... Follow the message: insufficient space.

Solution: I explain it above.

Note: to format in fst32 firdt you have to erase the reading hesd... I don't know.

Clean everything snd fotmat. The tutorial ecplsins everythong snd the SD its not damaged, its is fast. 

Only for 64GB and 128GB memory.

The smaller capacity ones come direct in FAT32 ...only insert direct in camera.

Options
2021-02-06 12:17:10

Maakedon wrote

@Maakedon 

Ok I've checked the micro SD under properties on my laptop and it's allready a FAT 32 file system, so no need for format it as it is what it needs to be, this means 1 thing, that the new update has a problem that needs to be fixed. If you have anyother suggestion please let me know. 

Thanks!

Maakedon wrote

@Maakedon 

Thanks!

Ok

When formatting in fat32 it is necessary to follow 2 steps:

1. Important !! Clear read head to deleted previous record.

2. Format

Software: EASEUS partition master

SD: kingston 64GB and Sandisk 64GB

Options
2021-02-07 11:53:37

@Maakedon 

Hi again,

I've cleared and formatted the sd card several times (quick format and low format) both NTSF first and FAT 32 (using guiformat) after that, when I check it on my laptop it says that the sd card is empty, when I insert it in Tapo camera the APP says it needs to be formatted otherwise I can't use the SD in camera so I proceed in format it and it works but still can't record in memory from the SD card, I've  pulled out the SD card and put it back in my laptop and it says that is full I checked the files and I thing when Tapo App is formatting the SD card it puts back files on it.

Options
2021-02-07 12:53:32

@Maakedon 

Sorry I wanted to say exFAT format and I've wrote NTSF format 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2504

Replies: 11

Related Articles