Internet dropping out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Internet dropping out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Internet dropping out
Internet dropping out
2021-02-05 11:34:16

Hi - this is driving me mad :-(  I've bought an AV600 and set it up, but it keeps crashing.  I've synced the units plugged both directly into the wall (the adaptor which is hard wired into our router), found it in my list of connections available, signed in and it's fine at first, then keeps dropping.  Any help gratefully received. Thanks! Jez

Options
4 Reply
Re:Internet dropping out
2021-02-06 09:10:37

@JezBristol 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Is AV600 the TL-WPA4220KIT?

May I know the hardware and firmware version of the AV600?

Could you please try to download the powerline utility and check the following information on the Utility:

tpPLC_Utility_Windows.

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202011/20201127/tpPLC%20Utility.zip

1. Would the wireless icon disappear on the utility when the internet disconnected?
  2. How did you recover the internet connection, rebooting the adapter or it would come back automatically?
  3. Would the Ethernet connection have the same instability issue as well?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-02-06 12:35:53

@JezBristol Thanks very much for the reply.  Re your questions:

1 Yes, the icon disaapears

2 It comes back automatically

3 I'm also contacting Virgin as  we have an old Hub (v2) and have had glitches

I've dowloaded the utility... will have look.

All the best

Jez

Options
2021-02-06 12:41:13
Btw, yes it is TL-WPA4220KIT ... says v5 on the box.
Options
2021-02-09 10:41:27

@TP-Link Hi. Just following on... plugging in our old TL-PL4010 gives a decent wired connection, but the new wi-fi extender is flaky, even via ethernet cable (the TV doesn't work correctly). We're awaiting a new hub over the next day or so... will re-pair everything after that and report back.

Thanks again

Jez

Options