Archer VR2100 current rate less than max rate

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-06 21:05:55
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 201122 Rel.72659n

FTTN and tried everything hardware wise to close the gap between current and max rate. Even the run from NTD to wall outlet is professional replaced.  Keen for settings to force the VR2100 to perform.

Upstream Downstream
Current Rate (kbps) 22599 76048
Max Rate (kbps) 26840 90647
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer VR2100 current rate less than max rate
2021-02-07 15:18:10 - last edited 2021-02-07 15:19:55

@schtumb 

Hey

The MAX Rate is what the line can physically achieve, however there is virtually no chance this will be stable at that max rate, you also have the slight overhead of any error checks your ISP have in place. The Current Rate you are seeing is what the Modem and DLM Profile will allow / negotiate to provide the "best overall experience".   No ISP is going to let you push this to the max as they risk loss of connection / instability or high errors, therefore they always play it safe and choose stability over speed.

That is why in most European countries that profile is set to 40/50 or 80, im guessing your profile is 80.   Your line could be capable of more but the profile wont let you, take a bit of overhead and some error checking.. 76 seems good to me

IMHO what you are seeing seems within expectations, there is physically nothing you can do your side to increase this as the profile simply wont let you connect faster.  It may connect at 78 or even 79 but its going to be the rare occasion that conditions are perfect and will likely be temporary

I have a customer has FTTC into his office, the router line reads as 82 max possible (similar to you), however his ISP profile is set for 50 and he gets ~48 connection.   Its all restricted by the profile ultimnately

Options
2021-02-07 21:03:40

@Philbert thank you for the depth of your reply, it is appreciated. You are right, it is reasonable. Running a stability profile with our ISP this week to pickup any regular drops. Might indicate an issue with the copper run, although minor, between node and house NTD. If substantial drops, plan is to throw it NBN's way then to see if they can (or will) squeeze a little more out of our connection. If not, yes still happy when the technology in place is considered. Many different strings somewhere else in internet land about that technology ;).

Options
2021-12-15 15:30:11

@Philbert well my current rate is exactly the half of my max rate what can i do with that?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1926

Replies: 3

Related Articles