TL-PA4020P Powerline Random Connection Lost (Dropout) İssue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-11 15:00:09
Model: TL-PA4020P KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

I recently bought TL-PA4020P Kit power line, and I'm having random connection loss issue. Distance between the two adapters is about 10 meters (one of them in my room the other one is in living room). One of the adapter is connected to modem and the other one is connected to a router. Most of the time connection and internet speed is fine but, randomly connection is lost for 1 - 2 mins and after that they reconnect automatically and everything is fine again. This connection losing issue happens every half an hour or so (sometimes sooner sometimes later.) I updated firmwares of both to newest one. I also updated my modem and router (btw they are new products). 

I really cannot find any solution. I also tried using different plugs in the home, same issue continues. I searched from the google and found that lots of ppl have the same issue. I think an update should be released or if u can tell me what to do about it I would be appreciated. 

Thank you in advance,

Kind Regards.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-PA4020P Powerline Random Connection Lost (Dropout) İssue
2021-02-11 15:17:40

@Batuhan3091 You probably should upgrade the firmware. Your V4 device is most likely on firmware revision QCA7420-1.4.0 REV:00 CS 0020. For the QCA740 (Qualcomm chipset) is newer PLC firmware available: FW-QCA7420-1.5.0.0026-02-CS-20200114. Newer firmware usually improves connection speed and stability.

Options